Life Sciences and Healthcare Leader
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Richard Fogl is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Sydney. He leads the life sciences and healthcare group in Australia and specialises in mergers and acquisitions.
Richard provides corporate advisory services to a broad range of clients including listed public companies, subsidiaries of overseas multi-nationals and other Australian businesses.
His extensive transactional experience is the result of more than 30 years’ practice in Australia, Hong Kong and London.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of NSW (1981)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of NSW (1983)
- England and Wales 1990
- New South Wales 1984
- Hong Kong 1990
- Acted for Medibank Private Limited (ASX 50 company) in relation to various outsourced healthcare services transactions and issues including telephone nurse triage and other government health services initiatives.
- Acted for Medibank Private Limited on the sale of its travel and workplace health businesses.
- Represented Bayer on the Australian aspects of the global disposal of its diabetes division.
- Represented Zimmer on the Australian aspects of its global merger with Biomet, Inc.
- Acted for Zimmer Biomet on several M&A transactions.
- Advised various healthcare companies on privacy and health records regulations.
- Acted for Thorn Group Limited (ASX listed) on its acquisition of Cash Resources Australia Pty Ltd.
- Acted for Thorn Group Limited on the sale of its credit management business to Credit Corp Limited.
- Acted for the vendors on the sale of 100 per cent of the shares in Heyday5 to Southern Cross Electrics (ASX listed)
- Day to day legal adviser on a broad range of commercial contracts, issues and transactions for a diverse range of companies.