Partner | Head of Life Sciences & Healthcare, Australia
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Toby Biddle is a disputes partner and leads the firm's Life Sciences & Healthcare group in Australia.
Toby focusses on disputes in the life sciences and healthcare sector, in addition to product liability, professional liability and general liability risks in a range of other industries. He has substantial experience and expertise in acting for medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer product manufacturers in class and individual actions arising from therapeutic goods; advising healthcare companies on litigation and risk management; acting in healthcare indemnity cases including defence of malpractice suits, coronial inquests and investigations; and acting in litigation arising from product, professional and general liability risks.
Toby's clients include global medical devices and pharmaceutical companies, global and Australian healthcare providers, government agencies and insurers. He has acted on many of the most significant healthcare product liability class actions in Australia over the past ten years.
Toby's expertise has been recognised in a number of directory listings, including Chambers & Partners for Life Sciences, Best Lawyers in Australia for Product Liability Litigation and Insurance Law, The Legal 500 for Disputes (Class Actions) and Doyle's Guide as a Leading Lawyer for Medical Negligence (Defendant).
Toby has represented clients in the High Court, the Federal Court, NSW Supreme Court, ACT Supreme Court, Western Australia Supreme Court, South Australia Supreme Court, State and Territory Coroners Courts, and various other Federal and State Tribunals.
Toby is the Vice President of the NSW Medico-Legal Society.
- Masters of Law, University of New South Wales (2007)
- Admitted as a solicitor of Supreme Court of New South Wales (1998) and High Court of Australia (2008)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law (1998)
- Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University (1996)
- Bachelor of Arts, Macquarie University (1996)
- High Court of Australia 2008
- NSW Supreme Court 1998
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW (Secretary)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- National Product Liability Association
- NSW Claims Discussion Group