Head of Hong Kong
Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Psyche Tai is a corporate lawyer and is the head of our Hong Kong office with over 20 years of capital market experience.
Psyche has significant experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions; public company takeovers; IPOs; reverse takeovers; joint ventures; convertibles; and corporate restructuring of Hong Kong and PRC corporations listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the PRC stock exchanges. Her experience extends to compliance, regulatory, trust-related matters and intellectual property.
Psyche obtained her bachelor of law (Honours) degree from the University of Hong Kong and qualified as a solicitor in 1995. In 2002, she was awarded a bachelor's degree in Chinese law from the Peking University. She joined our Hong Kong office in 2003 and became a partner in 2004. She is now a member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong.
She is also the Company Secretary of The People's Insurance Company (Group) of China Limited (Stock Code: 01339).
Psyche was named 'M&A and Private Equity Lawyer of the Year' at the Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2018 and was awarded 'All-Star' in the real estate sector by The Asian Lawyer 2018. These awards demonstrate her strength in corporate/M&A practice in Asia and her significant contribution to the M&A and real estate industries.
She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Bachelor of law (Honours) degree from the University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor's degree in Chinese law from the Peking University
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
Recent listed companies' M&A experience:
- China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited (HKEX stock code: 2319) (Mengniu) – advised on its proposed US$1 billion acquisition of Bellamy's Australia Limited (Bellamy's), a globally recognized Australian organic infant formula and baby food provider with shares listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- China Resources (Holdings) Company Limited (China Resources) – acted on in its £600 million acquisition of a 30 percent stake in the 402MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm, which is built off the coast of Norfolk in the United Kingdom, from Statkraft UK Limited.
- Renhe Commercial Holdings Company Limited (HKEX stock code: 1387) (Renhe Commercial) – advised on its RHB 6.87 billion acquisition of the land and properties on which Renhe Commercial operates its agricultural wholesale markets and certain agricultural markets situated in Hangzhou, the PRC, which in aggregate constitute a very substantial acquisition and connected transaction under the Listing Rules.
- SFUND International – represented on the HK$789 million acquisition of Midas International and the related general offer and acquisition financing. The acquisition was made by SFUND International through Qingda Developments Limited for approximately 60.82 percent of the issued share capital of Midas International Holdings Limited (HKEX stock code: 1172), which triggered the subsequent mandatory general offer.
- China Foods Limited (HKEX stock code: 506)(China Foods) – acted on the disposal of all of its wine business and other non-beverage business to its controlling shareholder, China Foods (Holdings) Limited, for a transaction value of HK$5,069 million.
- HSBC – represented on the HK$795 million sale by Transport International Holdings Limited (HKEX stock code: 62)(Transport International) of its 73 percent interests in Roadshow Holdings Limited (HKEX stock code: 888), which triggered an unconditional mandatory general offer made by the purchaser in accordance with the Hong Kong Takeovers Code.
- Real Nutriceutical Group Limited (HKEX stock code: 2010) (Real Nutriceutical) - advised on its acquisition of a leading retailer of pharmaceutical and healthcare products in the PRC for a cash consideration of RMB1.55 billion (equivalent to approx. US$226 million). The acquisition constituted a very substantial acquisition under the Hong Kong Listing Rules and is subject to approval by its shareholders.
- Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (Zoomlion),- represented a main board-listed company (HKEX stock code: 1157), on its RMB11.6 billion (equivalent to approximately US$1.68 billion) disposal of 80 percent interest in Changsha Zoomlion Environmental Industry Co., Ltd. (Changsha Zoomlion) to four PRC investment holdings including Infore Holding and Hony Investment (the Disposal).
- Haitong International Capital Limited, as financial advisor of Skyway Securities Group Limited, - advised on the general offer triggered by the acquisition and subscription of the shares of Skyway Securities Group Limited (HKEX stock code: 1141) by CMBC International Holdings Limited and China Huarong Overseas Investment Holdings Co., Ltd. for a total consideration of HK$1.07 billion.
- China Overseas Grand Oceans Group Limited (HKEX stock code: 81) – advised on its acquisition of a property portfolio in China from China Overseas Land & Investment Limited (HKEX stock code: 688) for a cash consideration of RMB3,516 million.
- China Overseas Land & Investment Limited (HKEX stock code: 688) – advised on its acquisition of a property portfolio in 25 cities in China from CITIC Group (HKEX stock code: 267) for US$4.8 billion (RMB31 billion).
- PRC leading outlet projects developer and operator Beijing Capital Juda Limited (HKEX Stock Code: 1329) – acted on its issue of a combination of new ordinary shares and perpetual convertible bond securities to two strategic and financial investors, Sino-Ocean Group Holding Limited HKEX Stock Code: 3377) and KKR, for a total consideration of HK$1,477 million under a specific mandate to be sought from its shareholders. HSBC acted as the sole financial adviser to Capital Juda.
Recent IPO/ECM experience:
- Haitong International Capital Limited as the sole sponsor, and Haitong International Securities Company Limited, ICBC International Capital Limited and Nomura International (Hong Kong) Limited – represented as the joint global coordinators, the spin-off and separate listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the H shares of CIMC Vehicles (Group) Co., Ltd. (CIMC Vehicles).
- BNP Paribas Securities (Asia) Limited – represented as the sole sponsor on the initial public offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the ordinary shares of Edvantage Group Holdings Limited (HKEX stock code: 382) (Edvantage Group); net proceeds of approximately HK$629.3 million was raised in the initial public offering.
- Guotai Junan Capital Limited and Zhongtai International Capital Limited – acted as the joint sponsors on the proposed listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the shares of Dao Sheng International Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. (Dao Sheng).
- HSBC Corporate Finance (Hong Kong) Limited and CMB International Capital Limited – acted as the joint sponsors on the proposed spin-off and separate listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the H shares of Zhengqi Financial Holdings Corporation (Zhengqi Financial).
- Haitong International Capital Limited, which acted as the sole sponsor and the sole global coordinator on the listing of Pujiang International Group Limited (Pujiang) - advised on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The initial public offering raised gross proceeds of approximately HK$643.2 million.
- BOCI Asia Limited (BOCI) – advised as the sole sponsor and sole global coordinator in relation to the global offering and listing of Weigang Environmental Technology Holding Group Limited (Weigang) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- HSBC Corporate Finance (Hong Kong) Limited and Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C. – advised as the joint sponsors to the spin-off and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of Country Garden Services Holdings Company Limited (HKEX Stock Code: 6098)(Country Garden Services), a leading residential property management service provider in China.
- China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited (CICC) – acted as the sole sponsor, and CICC and CLSA Limited as the joint global coordinators, on the global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of China Isotope & Radiation Corporation (HKEX stock code: 1763)(CIRC).
- China Galaxy International Securities (Hong Kong) Co., Limited -acted as sole sponsor in the listing of Top Education Group Ltd (HKEX stock code: 1752)(TO P Education) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and HK$207 million global offering of shares.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited - acted as the placing agent, in relation to the placing of 420,000,000 new H shares of BAIC Motor Corporation Limited (HKEX stock code: 1958)(BAIC) with maximum net proceeds of approximately HK$3,266 million. BAIC is a leading manufacturer of passenger vehicles in China.
February 08, 2021
January 06, 2021
December 17, 2020
Update | April 06, 2020
Update | April 01, 2020
Publication | September 12, 2019