Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Based in our London office, Andrew is a partner in our top-tier Structured Trade & Commodity Finance practice, which is ranked Tier 1 by both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. Andrew is personally ranked as a Leading Individual in trade finance by Legal 500, which describes our team as "a recognised leader in trade and commodity finance" and having a "deep and broad market knowledge".
Andrew joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2003, qualifying into the banking department in 2005. He advises financiers (including banks, alternative financiers, DFIs, export credit agencies and other multilateral organisations), corporate borrowers, fintechs, trading companies and suppliers/producers on cross-border transactions in emerging and developed markets.
He has extensive experience in trade and commodity finance and export credit (ECA) finance structures including:
- pre-export finance facilities
- prepayment finance facilities (including SPV / limited recourse structures)
- warehouse/inventory financing facilities
- forms of ownership finance including commodity repos
- borrowing base facilities
- supply chain finance (including platform and non-platform based)
- receivables finance/invoice discounting/factoring/forfaiting transactions
- export credit finance
- guarantee/letter of credit/bond issuance facilities
- secured and unsecured corporate lending (bilateral and syndicated)
and regularly advises parties on the terms of sale and purchase contracts (including incoterms) for goods/commodities and ICC standard terms (UCP 600, URDG, ISP 98 etc).
Andrew has spent six months on secondment with a major UK bank.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising a major state-owned oil company on its multi-billion dollar prepayment arrangements with various major traders under long-term oil supply agreements.
- Advising a major state-owned oil company on various multi-billion dollar prepayment arrangements with an overseas supplier.
- Advising EBRD in respect of its Trade Facilitation Programme.
- Advising the Lenders and hedge providers in respect of a US$1 billion oil borrowing base facility over oil and products secured over a number of European, North African and Middle Eastern locations.
- Advising the Lenders in relation to a financing related to a Ghanaian oil refinery.
- Advising various European banks in connection with their supply chain finance facilities in a number of jurisdictions.
- Advising a UK bank in relation to various on-lending structures in Africa.
- Advising a trade finance bank in respect of a facility to a global soft commodity trader in Africa.
- Advising an international bank in connection with financing and marketing arrangements relating to mining production in Africa.
- Advising an international bank in various receivables purchase and supply chain structures with various customers.
- Advising various banks in connection with their template trade finance bilateral documentation and LC issuance facilities.