Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate governance
- Regulation and investigations
Dr. Nicolas Daamen is a corporate, M&A and private equity lawyer based in Munich.
He has extensive experience in advising clients on domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions (buy side and sell side). He also frequently advises on reorganizations/restructurings, matters of general corporate law and corporate litigation. Another focus of his work is the advice on corporate compliance, especially in the context of M&A transactions.
Nicolas works for clients from various industries, including life sciences and healthcare, financial services, and technology.
Prior to joining us in 2011, Nicolas worked in Paris and in the corporate department of another leading law firm in Germany.
- Philipps University Marburg
- Appelate Court (Kammergericht) Berlin
- Care Luxemburg S.A. (a company held by the London based private equity firm Vitruvian Partners and its founders) – on the sale of Linimed Group, a leading provider of outpatient intensive care and artificial respiration.
- Linimed Group – on several bolt-on acquisitions.
- Wealthy individual – on the envisaged entering into a joint venture with an Austrian developer and manufacturer of gene-based dietary supplements.
- AnaCap Financial Partners (a specialised financial services private equity firm) – on the acquisition of Heidelpay, a leading German online payment service provider.
- Heidelpay – on several bolt-on acquisitions.
- German company – on internal investigations in one of its participation in the Nordics.
- Chinese company – on the envisaged acquisition of a German steal supplier.
Clients praise Nicolas Daamen for his commitment, responsiveness, proactivity and solutions-focused approach as well as for his project management skills and communication skills:
"He is very committed, he is very responsive, he is proactive, and he is the one who says, 'we have to find a solution to do the deal.' I distinguish between two types of lawyers: the ones who always find problems and the other ones who always find solutions – and he is the one who always finds solutions."
"Their legal skills are comparable to others, but they are outstanding – particularly Nicolas Daamen – in terms of project management skills and communication skills."
"Definitely Dr Daamen is always the bright star of the team. He is usually leading the whole effort; he is our main contact and he's our go-to guy at Norton Rose. He gives very good advice; he also brings up topics that you have missed. He's a well-rounded person and has a very good 360 view of things."
- Compliance Due Diligence in Germany, Norton Rose Fulbright's "Business ethics and anti-corruption world", issue 5/February 2017 (together with Michael Gaul)
- Compliance due diligence from a company perspective – An interview with Roland Kemper, DEKRA SE, Norton Rose Fulbright's "Business ethics and anti-corruption world", issue 5/February 2017 (together with Michael Gaul)
- M&A return to the top, Finance Monthly 06/2010 (together with Rainer Herschlein)
- Germany 2010 – The Return of M&A in Germany?, International Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2010 (together with Rainer Herschlein)
- The German M&A and Private Equity Market, Executive View, 22 September 2009 (together with Rainer Herschlein)
- Directors' and officers' liability in times of crisis (Die Organhaftung in Zeiten der Krise), ZfR 12/2009
- The human rights activities of the DAX companies after the first reporting season on non-financial statements, DICO Talk on "Management" of human rights in companies, 15 November 2018
- Why Third Party Compliance?, Norton Rose Fulbright and Bisnode, 30 March 2017
- Peculiarities of a real estate transaction in the form of a share deal (Besonderheiten einer Immobilientransaktion im Wege des Share Deals), University of Economics and Environment Nürtingen-Geislingen, 5 May 2010
- German Institute for Compliance (Deutsches Institut für Compliance e.V.)
Norton Rose Fulbright advises AnaCap Financial Partners on investment in brokerage group MRH Trowe and growth partnership
January 07, 2021
February 12, 2020
December 09, 2019
Publication | July 09, 2020
Publication | June 24, 2020
Webinar | June 19, 2020
Publication | May 01, 2020