Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jeffrey is a senior director in the corporate and commercial litigation team based in Johannesburg.
Jeffrey has extensive experience in corporate and commercial litigation. He focuses on disputes in the banking, corporate and mining sectors. He advises clients on the various dispute resolution mechanisms applicable to international investments in South Africa, in light of the changing legal framework.
He acts for government owned organisations, major multinational and local corporations, mining houses, banks and financial institutions, amongst others.
He joined the practice in 1974. He was admitted as an attorney of the High Courts of South Africa and Lesotho in 1976 and became a Director in 1978.
He has over the years been involved in significant public commissions of enquiry as well as some of the largest litigation, arbitration (both international and domestic) and class action cases in South Africa.
- BA LLB ( 1973 - University of the Witwatersrand)
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 1976
Jeffrey has been listed as an expert and leading lawyer in the fields of commercial litigation and dispute resolution in various top international publications including Legal500 and IFLR1000. Chambers Global refers to Jeffrey as "one of the foremost commercial litigators in town".
Jeffrey has conducted numerous workshops, seminars and presentations on a number of topics of interest including class actions and arbitration, both domestic and international.
- He is a member of the Law Societies of the Northern, KwaZulu-Natal and Cape Provinces.
- He has been appointed on various fee assessment panels for the Law Society, has acted as a Small Claims Court Commissioner for a number of years and was a main Board Director of a public company listed on the JSE Securities Exchange SA.
- He represents the practice at the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa of which we are a founding member.
- He is a member of a number of the practice's management committees