Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Lauren Pullen-Stanley is an employment lawyer based in London. Lauren graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science with first class honours in 2003. Lauren studied at BPP Law School, London, graduating with a distinction, and qualified as a solicitor with our London office in 2006 focusing on employment law. She has written articles for the Employment Law Journal and various HR publications. Lauren has undertaken two in-house client secondments, one to a large US financial institution and a second to a leading inter-dealer broker.
Lauren advises companies and individuals in a variety of sectors, with a particular focus on financial institutions, and specialises in all areas of employment law, including the employment aspects of corporate transactions (both share and assets), general advisory and employment litigation.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising on numerous share sale transactions including advising AXA on the sale of its UK-based traditional life and pensions businesses, its IFA protection and corporate pension businesses to Friends Provident.
- Advising on numerous asset sale transactions (including on the application of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006), including advising Santander on the sale of its UK store cards portfolio to SAV Credit and advising an investment manager on the sale of its private client business.
- Assisting with the employment aspects of numerous outsourcing arrangements, including advising a leading financial services group on the extension of a master services agreement.
- Advising an insurance group on the establishment of an alternative business structure with a legal services provider.
- Advising Coventry Building Society on its merger with Stroud & Swindon.
- Advising on the employment implications of two cross border mergers in the insurance and reinsurance sector.
- Advising on numerous multi-jurisdictional matters, including advising Royal Bank of Canada on the purchase of Coutts’ private wealth business from Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Advising on redundancy process and procedure including advising a music booking agency on the closure of a ticketing business and advising an airline carrier on a restructuring, including a multi-jurisdictional redundancy exercise.
- Advising a variety of companies across a range of industries on day-to-day employment matters. This includes drafting employment contracts including complex bonus schedules and dual contract arrangements, drafting and reviewing employment policies and employee handbooks, drafting secondment agreements and consultancy agreements, the dismissal of senior executives and employees and advising on employment status.
- Advising a global stock plan administrator on the defence of a complex employment tribunal claim.
- Advising an oil company (multiple respondents) on the defence of a high value whistleblowing detriment and sex discrimination / harassment claim.
- Advising a bank on the defence of two claims (unfair dismissal and breach of contract).
- Advising a bank on the defence of an £18 million race discrimination claim.
- Advising an on-line advertising and marketing company on the defence of an unfair dismissal claim, unlawful deduction of wages claim and national minimum wage claim.
- Advising an IT systems manufacturer on the defence of an unfair dismissal and sex discrimination claim.
- Advising a national service station operator on the defence of a multi-million pound breach of contract claim against a former director.
- Advising a law firm on the defence of a race discrimination claim.
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of companies and individuals in the context of senior executive and other employee departures, including numerous high profile departures and related settlement agreement terms. Recent experience includes advising the CEO of a luxury British car manufacturer on his step-down and advising an AIM listed petroleum company on the step-down of its CEO.
- Advising on team moves. Recent experience includes advising an underwriting business in respect of the engagement of a team of underwriters from a competitor and advising a team of four individuals engaged by a property consultancy company on a potential team move.
- Article for the Employment Law Journal on the employment aspects of cross-border mergers.
- Article for the Employment Law Journal on the statutory dismissal and disciplinary procedures.
Publication | April 15, 2020
Publication | February 05, 2020
Publication | December 2018