Norton Rose Fulbright Piotr Strawa and Partners, Limited Partnership
Related services and key industries
Tomasz Rogalski is a banking, projects and restructuring lawyer based in Warsaw, where he heads the energy and infrastructure practice.
Tomasz is also a licensed restructuring advisor (doradca restrukturyzacyjny) and is qualified to act as a trustee (syndyk) in bankruptcy proceedings, and a supervisor (nadzorca) or administrator (zarządca) in restructuring proceedings.
Tomasz advises on a variety of domestic and cross-border banking and finance transactions and has extensive experience of advising both the lenders and borrowers on: project finance; real estate finance; leveraged finance; and corporate lending transactions. Tomasz has considerable experience in energy (including renewables, trading and regulations), infrastructure matters, and also financial restructuring and insolvency workouts.
Tomasz also focuses on financial services regulation for financial instruments trading, including: derivatives and brokerage services; and regulatory matters involving MiFID II, MAR, EMIR and REMIT regulations.
- Legal advisor's training programme (aplikacja radcowska), 2006 - 2009
- Warsaw School of Economics, Postgraduate banking studies, 2006
- Diploma course in English and EU law at the British Centre for English and European Legal Studies, co-organised by the University of Cambridge, 2005
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, 2005
- Restructuring adviser (doradca restrukturyzacyjny) 2017
- Legal adviser (radca prawny) 2009
- "Tomasz Rogalski takes an active role, finding the most feasible transaction structure, having in mind its commercial aim and rationale", The Legal 500 EMEA, Poland - Banking & Finance 2020
- "Tomasz Rogalski is great at what he does in the energy space. It's nice to work with him, he can translate the legal stuff into business language easily and understandably.", The Legal 500 EMEA, Poland - Energy & Natural Resources 2020
- "Tomasz Rogalski and Daniel Popek deliver quality work on time and they can easily present in an understandable way the pros and cons that a bankruptcy or restructuring proceeding can bring for the creditor and the debtor." and "Our key lawyer has been Tomasz Rogalski, whom we value for being very creative yet diligent when it comes to dealing with finance documents, as a well as supportive during negotiations.", The Legal 500 EMEA, Poland - Restructuring & Insolvency 2020
- "He tells you something and he delivers" and "If you mix both the technical ability and the reliability, then you have everything you need", Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2020
- "Someone you can trust and rely on", Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2019
- Rising star in Banking, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance, International Financial Law Review 1000, 2017-2020
- "Talented negotiator with a good sense of humour" with "business acumen and an understanding of how banking business operates", Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2018
- "I would certainly recommend him. I like the way he looks for solutions. He is a business-oriented person." Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2017
- "Quite impressive" with a "highlight on his negotiation skills", Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2016
- "Very helpful and knowledgeable", Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2015
- "A very talented lawyer who is capable of running transactions on his own", Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland - Banking & Finance 2014
- Commodities and commodity derivatives: legal aspects of trading (Towary giełdowe i towarowe instrumenty pochodne. Prawne aspekty obrotu), C.H. Beck May, 2011
- Impact of MiFID on trading in commodities and commodity derivatives (Wpływ implementacji Dyrektywy MiFID na obrót towarami i towarowymi instrumentami pochodnymi), cire.pl, July 2009
- Cash account blockade (Blokada rachunku pieniężnego), Prawo bankowe (Banking law) January 2008 & February 2008.
- Secondary syndication - mechanics and impact on the security interests, LMA Warsaw seminar October 2019
- LMA documentation in an insolvency situation, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2018
- New restructuring law and reform of the bankruptcy law, ACCA Warsaw seminar, October 2017
- Post-closing and loan administration, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2017
- How to prepare yourself well for the loan transaction, ACCA Warsaw seminar, May 2017
- LMA term sheet and mandate letter documentation, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2016
- Using LMA documentation in the local market, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2015
- International Bar Association
August 17, 2020
January 30, 2020
December 04, 2019
Publication | April 29, 2020
Update | March 19, 2020
Update | March 19, 2020
Publication | August 28, 2019