Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Alexandra is an asset finance lawyer based in London, focused on shipping and aviation finance and other transactional matters. Alexandra has experience in a wide range of international asset finance transactions, including traditional financings, loan portfolio transfers and restructurings.
Alexandra has a background in shipping disputes, having worked on both contentious and non-contentious matters, including, amongst other things, international arbitration (LMAA and ad hoc), Commercial Court and Technology and Construction Court claims. Alexandra also advises lenders and shipowners on the international and European position on green ship recycling.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acting for a ship owner in an LMAA arbitration in relation to disputes under a bareboat charterparty involving allegations as to (i) non-payment and late payment of charter hire; (ii) condition claims on redelivery of the vessel; and (iii) time and costs of repairs and renewals occasioned by latent defects.
- Acting for a cargo owner in an arbitration conducted on an ad hoc basis in a cargo contamination claim against the ship owners of the vessel on which the cargo was carried.
- Acting for a supplier of rescue boats in relation to a claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court for a contribution towards damages and costs paid by a ship owner in respect of civil proceedings.
- Acting for a ship owner in Commercial Court proceedings on a claim brought by cargo interests following a fire on board the ship owners' vessel.