Related services and key industries
Konstantin Konstantinov advises clients on a wide range of issues related to commercial and financial law, including secured financing, project finance, securities legislation and mergers and acquisitions. He regularly provides legal support to joint venture projects, reorganization of Russian and transnational companies and debt restructuring program development.
1997 – LL.M., Harvard Law School
1995 – Law Degree, Moscow State Academy of Law
- New York
- Russian Federation
- Represented the purchaser, Shokoladnitsa, one of Russia's largest coffee shop chains, on the acquisition of the Coffee House chain.
- Represented Rosatom State Nuclear Energy Corporation in connection with drafting an €2.4 billion subordinate loan agreement with Fennovoima Oy for financing the construction of a 1,200 MW greenfield nuclear power plant, Hanhikivi 1, in Pyhäjoki in northern Finland.
- Advised BurgerRUS, a franchisee of Burger King Corporation, the second-largest fast food hamburger restaurant chain in the world, in relation to its joint venture with VTB Capital to develop and expand the restaurant’s chain and brand presence in Russia, as well as on its joint venture to operate as a Burger King franchisee in Germany.
- Advised Alfa-Bank on a number of debt/equity restructuring transactions, as well as in relation to providing financing to companies for various purposes.
- Advised X5 Retail Group (one of the largest food retailers in Russia) in several transactions related to the acquisitions of regional retail chains.
- Advised Sberbank Investments on an acquisition of a 19.9% stake in CJSC Verkhnekamsk Potash Company (Acron Group's subsidiary), which implemented a project to develop the Talitsky area of the Verkhnekamsk potassium-magnesium salt deposit in Perm Krai.
- Represented A5 (Russian pharmacy chain) on its sale of a minority stake to Baring Vostok Capital Partners, as well as in connection with its acquisition of Mosoblfarm (the largest regional and one of the largest Russian pharmacy chains) and the follow-up sale of certain assets to X5 Retail Group (one of Russia's largest food retailers).
- Advised Stupino Metallurgical Company on its purchase of a company and an aluminum plant from Alcoa Inc.
- Represented Monopoly, one of Russia’s largest transportation/logistics companies based in St. Petersburg, in connection with an investment by Acmero Capital.
- Represented TPS Real Estate in various acquisitions and sales of real estate assets.
- Advised Hi Capital, a private equity fund, on a number of private equity projects.
- Advised Quadriga Capital on matters related to its exit from an ISP operating in Moscow and Moscow Region.
- Acted for OJSC KAMAZ, one of the world's top heavy truck manufacturers, in connection with its joint venture agreements with Daimler AG for the production of trucks and buses in Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Represented Alfa-Bank in connection with debt restructuring of Mechel OAO, a global mining and metals company.
- Advised the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd: on a US$100 million multicurrency facility to MMK.
- Advised Polyus Gold in relation to several financings from major banks, including HSBC Bank, Unicredit Bank and Societe General.
- Represented Sberbank Capital in connection with its acquisition of a 51% stake in Vester Group (an operator of hypermarkets and supermarkets across Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan) in relation to debt restructuring, and its subsequent exit.
- Represented the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in its US$100 million acquisition of a 4% stake in KAMAZ.
- Represented Open Joint Stock Company Vimpel-Communications VimpelCom Ltd. in a US$34 million acquisition of ZAO Eltel, a St. Petersburg telecommunications company.
- Represented Daimler AG's truck division in a US$250 million deal to acquire a 10 percent stake in Russian truck maker KAMAZ.
- Represented VimpelCom Ltd. in its approximately US$226 million acquisition of a 49.9 percent stake in the Euroset Group, Russia’s largest mobile handset retailer.
- Represented PepsiCo and the Pepsi Bottling Group in the US$1.4 billion acquisition of a 75.53 percent stake of Lebedyansky, Russia's leading juice producer, with about a third of the Russian market.
- Represented VimpelCom in its €341.9 million acquisition from Hellenic Telecommunications Organization of 90 percent of CJSC Armenia Telephone Company (Armentel).
- Chambers Global - The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business - banking and finance and corporate and M&A, Chambers & Partners, 2006, 2009-2017
- Chambers Europe - Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business - Russia private equity, Chambers & Partners, 2008 - 2016
- Chambers Europe - Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business - Russia banking and finance, Chambers & Partners, 2007 - 2017
- Chambers Europe - Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business - Russia corporate/M&A, Chambers & Partners, 2008 - 2017
- Chambers Europe - Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business - Russia capital markets: securitization, Chambers & Partners, 2009
- The Legal 500 EMEA - Russia, The Legal 500, 2013-2015
- Best Lawyers - banking and finance, capital markets, corporate law, M&A, energy and natural resources, project finance and development, and structured finance in Moscow, Thomson Reuters, 2012