Gregory M. Wilkes
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Gregory M. WilkesvCard
Related services and key industries
Since joining the Dallas office of Norton Rose Fulbright in 2005, Greg Wilkes has represented a wide variety of clients, both inside and outside court, in different stages of business restructurings involving transactional and litigation-related engagements. Greg frequently advises corporate debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, and purchasers of financially distressed companies both in and out of court.
Previously, Greg served for one year as law clerk for the Honorable Robert L. Jones, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
JD, cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2004
BA, cum laude, The University of Texas at Austin, 2000
Greg is admitted to practice law in New York and Texas. He appears before bankruptcy and federal courts in bankruptcy cases throughout the country.
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Counsel to 10 US-based affiliates of a Mexican parent company in their successful reorganization of approximately $1.2 billion of debt.
- Counsel to secured lender of a telephone, cable and newspaper operator involving over $500 million in debt, and with issues related to foreclosure, involuntary bankruptcy petitions, venue and related party jurisdiction and appointment of a Chapter 11 Trustee
- Counsel to numerous secured lien holders in single asset real estate bankruptcies in the Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Assisted with the representation of Chapter 11 debtor specialty restaurant chain, which ultimately resulted in the successful reorganization of the debtor's business
- Texas Rising Star, bankruptcy, Thomson Reuters, 2008 - 2017
- "Involuntary Bankruptcies from the Creditor Perspective," Bankruptcy Litigation, Volume 15, Number 2, Spring 2009 (An American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Journal of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Committee publication)
- Co-Author with Lou Strubeck, Michael Anglin, Ryan Manns and Kristian Gluck, "Recognizing and Fulfilling Fiduciary Duties in the Bankruptcy Zone," 2008 Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, November 13-14, 2008
- Co-Author with Lou Strubeck, Ryan Manns and Kristian Gluck, "A Post-BAPCPA Look At Lease Assumption And Rejection, Key Employee Incentive Plans, And Reclamation," State Bar Of Texas, 25th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, February 22 - 23, 2007
- State Bars of New York and Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Dallas Young Professionals
- Second Wind Foundation, member of the Board of Directors
- Former attorney ad litem for one of the children removed from the YFZ Ranch in El Dorado, Texas
- The Open Doors Foundation, former member of Board of Directors
- A World for Children, Volunteer
- Martin Luther King Center Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer