Businesses across every industry sector are facing unprecedented challenges and are looking to technology and innovation to drive efficiencies and remain competitive in what is becoming an increasingly regulated environment.
“Norton Rose Fulbright fields an impressive team offering expertise in a range of transactional and regulatory technology matters, including data privacy issues, software licensing, IT outsourcing and artificial intelligence frameworks.” Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2022
Our global team of technology lawyers advise some of the world’s leading corporations on the legal, regulatory and commercial issues raised by the impact of technology on their businesses. This encompasses businesses across the technology, business services, communications, media, entertainment and consumer markets sectors in both established and emerging markets.
Our technology team, made up of more than 500 lawyers in more than 50 cities across the world, is comprised of experienced, technology sector legal professionals, with specialized industry experience across all of our major practice areas. They are able to draw upon the in-depth industry knowledge from our other key industry teams, including financial institutions; energy, infrastructure and resources; technology; transport; life sciences and healthcare and consumer markets to deliver a truly global technology solution to clients.
We are recognized as thought leaders in the industry, providing insight on cutting-edge technology developments, including artificial intelligence, big data, internet of things, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts, and data protection and privacy, to help our clients navigate the risks of digital disruption as well as the competitive opportunities afforded by investment in digital capital.
Our areas of work include
- Artificial intelligence
- Big data
- Brand protection and digital rights management
- Cloud-based technology
- Communications, media and entertainment
- Distributed ledger technology, including blockchain
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Information technology agreements and disputes
- Internet of things
- M&A, including restructurings and buyouts in the global technology sector
- Retail and consumer markets, including distribution
- Software and systems ownership issues
- Sourcing and technology
- Sports law
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Singapore: TMT (International) (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Global, Asia-Pacific Region: TMT, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Singapore: TMT (Foreign Firms) (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2022
A New Approach to Referrals under the EU Merger Regulation
Global | Video | September 22, 2022Life sciences and healthcare