We have one of the largest oil and gas legal practices in the world, with offices in every major oil and gas market. Our lawyers understand the global nature of the industry but are also able to offer specialized support for domestic market issues.
“Global firm with a strong renewable energy practice in Bangkok, supplemented by expertise in oil and gas, power and infrastructure projects.” Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2020
Our sector experts provide a full business law service, across the full breadth of the value chain, to many of the world’s preeminent oil and gas and oilfield support service companies, governments and energy associations, as well as banks, credit agencies and other financial institutions.
Like our clients, we have developed our oil and gas services to match the trends that are shaping the industry. Our lawyers have extensive transactional and regulatory energy experience, and are highly skilled in working together with our clients to create innovative new deal structures, securing the best outcome for our clients while helping to move the market forward. We are also adept at advising on disputes when things don’t go as planned.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition law, including state aid advice
- Digitization including data protection, privacy and cybersecurity, and the application of new technologies such as blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies
- Environmental law
- Floating LNG projects (liquefaction and regasification)
- Gas and LNG supply and purchase
- Hydrocarbon processing and storage
- Intellectual property, including patents
- Litigation and disputes, including alternate dispute resolution (ADR), arbitration and mediation
- M&A and farm-in arrangements
- Oilfield support services
- Onshore LNG terminals
- Petrochemical plants and facilities
- Pipelines, terminals and storage facilities
- Production sharing agreements, licensing (royalty and taxation regimes) and risk-sharing agreements
- Risk advisory, including sanctions and export controls, and human rights
- Shale and hydraulic fracking
- Structuring of oil and gas operations, including joint ventures and other commercial arrangements
- Transport, including shipping, refining and marketing of petroleum products