Foreign Legal Advisor
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Lale is a Foreign Legal Advisor in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office. Her practice focuses on corporate, M&A, securities and general transactional matters. She has experience in representing clients on cross-border M&A deals, particularly foreign investors acquiring stake in Turkish companies in the healthcare, food and beverages and information technologies sectors.
Lale acts as a mentor and legal advisor to Turkish entrepreneurs within the Hamdi Ulukaya Initiative run by Chobani's founder and CEO. She advises Turkish start-ups on their expansion into the US.
LL.M., New York University, 2017
LL.B., Galatasaray University, 2013
Study Abroad, Université de Lille II, 2012
At NYU, Lale was a Graduate Editor of the Journal of International Law and Policy. Lale was selected to participate in the NYU Women's Leadership Program, a program exclusive to 16 female students from NYU's all undergraduate and graduate schools.
- New York State Bar
- Assisting a US based financiers in the context of a planned financing of a mining project in Guinea Bissau, including the review of underlying project documents.
- Advising a major Turkish supermarket chain on its global expansion strategy.
- Represented DyDO Drinco in its US$110m acquisition of 90% stake in Yıldız Holding's beverage companies.
- Represented Klöckner Pentaplast Group in its US$46m acquisition of Farmamak, a major Turkish packaging company.
- Represented Panasonic Healthcare Holdings in its EUR 1b acquisition of the Ascensia diabetes care business from Bayer structured as an asset sale.
- Represented CJ CGV, S. Korea on the EUR 603m takeover of Mars Entertainment.
- Represented TPG Growth in setting up their liaison office in Turkey and provided employment law advice on converting offer letters to Turkish-law governed employment contracts.
- Represented The Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels on the establishment of a wholly owned subsidiary and a joint venture with Turkish investors for the development of a Peninsula Hotel in Istanbul.
- Advised Quantum Strategic Partners Ltd., a PE fund managed by Soros Fund Management LLC, on all aspects of the first wholesale independent data center development project in Turkey.
- Represented Dora Telekom in their acquisition of Kriweb, a company engaged in hosting and data center services.
- Represented Kedrion in formation of a joint venture with a local Turkish partner in plasma derivative products industry.
- Represented Carlyle/NBTY in the proposed acquisition of SOLGAR Turkey.
- Represented Media-Saturn in relation to bankruptcy and restructuring procedures of the Turkish subsidiary.
- Represented the underwriters in Turkish Airline's US$328m EETC (Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificate) debt offering secured against three Boeing 777-300ER aircrafts (2015 Global Transport Finance - EETC Deal of the Year).
- American Turkish Society
- Robert College Alumni Association of America
- Forum on Law, Culture and Society