Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
- Regulation and investigations
- Structured trade and commodity finance
Nuncio D'Angelo is a banking and finance lawyer based in Sydney.
With over 20 years of experience, Nuncio has deep knowledge in the full range of corporate, property and structured finance. He has also acted on corporate rescue and insolvency work-outs (acting for both financiers and corporates), and distressed debt trading. Within that broad discipline, he has practiced in trusts/managed investment schemes and insolvency. Innovative onshore and offshore structuring solutions also form part of Nuncio’s extensive experience.
Nuncio has taught and published in the field of Banking & Finance law during his entire professional career.
Nuncio has acted for all of the major Australian banks and many UK, US and Asian institutions, as well as major Australian corporates and funds.
- PhD in Law, University of Sydney (including a 5 month sabbatical exchange to Harvard Law School) (2013)
- Master of Laws (LLM), University of Sydney (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Jurisprudence (BJuris), University of New South Wales (1985)
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2004
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2001
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 1985
- High Court of Australia 1995
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (APLMA)
- Banking & Financial Services Law Association (BFSLA)
- Finance & Treasury Association (FTA)
- APLMA – Documentation & Legal Issues Committee member
- BFSLA – Vice President, Board member, Conference Planning Committee member and Academic Committee member
- FTA - Technical Committee member
- Nuncio’s PhD thesis was entitled “The Trust: From Guardian to Entrepreneur. Why the Changing Role of the Trust Demands a Better Legal Framework for Allocating Stakeholder Risk”.
- Nuncio was a Visiting Fellow in the Applied Finance Centre at Macquarie University, lecturing in finance law and legal risk in their Master of Applied Finance (MAppFin) course from 1993 to 1998.
- He is currently visiting/part-time Lecturer in Sydney Law School’s LLM.
- Nuncio regularly conducts banking law training modules for clients.
Publication | January 13, 2022
Publication | November 08, 2021
Publication | August 31, 2020