Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Real estate
Arturo Sferruzza is a banking and projects lawyer based in Milan. He is also head of the Italian banking and energy teams.
Arturo's practice covers: project finance for the energy and infrastructure sectors; export credit and international trade finance; and shipping finance. His clients include Italian and international banks and financial institutions and his experience covers a broad range of domestic and international deals.
In recent years he has been particularly active in advising on the development and financing of renewable energy and infrastructure projects, both in Italy and abroad.
Arturo joined the firm in 2000 as part of the projects group. He transferred to Milan in September 2003 and became a partner in 2006.
Arturo is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
- Law, summa cum laude, Università di Palermo
- LLM, Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, 2000
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Recommended in Who's Who 2021 for Energy, Government contracts and Project finance
- Highly Regarded in Banking, Project finance and Asset Finance Practice areas and Energy, Aviation and Shipping Industry sectors, IFLR 2021
- 'Hall of fame' in three categories: (i) Banking and finance - Borrower side; (ii) Banking and finance - Lender or Arranger side; and (iii) Energy, The Legal 500 EMEA, 2021 'Arturo Sferruzza is one of the best lawyers around in this area. He solves problems and always has a balanced approach. Great experience in cross-border transactions too.'
- Energy & Natural Resources (Italy), Chambers and Partners Europe, 2021 'Arturo Sferruzza is well versed in financing and refinancing mandates in relation to photovoltaic plants. He is additionally experienced on local and multinational M&A mandates in relation to renewable projects.'
- Project Finance, Italy, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2021
'Arturo Sferruzza is noted among interviewees for his experience in cross-border project finance transactions. He has a track record of advising sponsors, borrowers and lenders on the financing and refinancing of renewable energy projects.
- Project finance, TopLegal Banking & Finance Guide, 2021
- M&A; and Finance and Project finance, TopLegal Energy Guide, 2021
- Banking and finance, The Best Lawyers in Italy, 2018-2021
- Leading individual in: (i) Banking and finance - Borrower side; (ii) Banking and finance - Lender or Arranger side; and (iii) Energy, The Legal 500 EMEA, 2020 'Noted for project, acquisition, commodity and asset finance'
Client testimonial: 'Arturo Sferruzza is a great lawyer.' 'An expert in the renewables sector and specifically construction and engineering, operations, energy storage, power purchase and power trading as well as commercial and regulatory issues' 'His energy M&A projects are often award-winning transactions'
- (i) Avvocati Elite - Energy & Infrastructure; (ii) Avvocati Selected - Finance; (iii) Avvocati Selected - M&A Mid Market; and (iv) Avvocati Best – Project, Milano Finanza Legal Award, 2020
- Energy and Natural Resources, Italy, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2020 'Department head Arturo Sferruzza represents an extensive array of Italian multinational energy companies, international investors and banks in a variety of energy-related projects. He frequently assists with the financing and refinancing of renewable portfolios.'
- Project Finance, Italy, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2020 '…very clever and very capable. He advises sponsors, borrowers and lenders on the financing and refinancing of renewable energy projects and universities.'
- Highly regarded in: (i) Asset finance; (ii) Banking; (iii) Project finance; (iv) Aviation; (v) Energy; and (vi) Shipping. IFLR, 2020
- Leading individual in: (i) Banking and finance - Borrower side; (ii) Banking and finance - Lender or Arranger side; and (iii) Energy, The Legal 500 EMEA, 2018-2019
- Energy, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2019 '…always has a positive and proactive attitude, and a commercial and problem-solving approach. He heads the department and advises on M&A and financing operations, including those relating to renewable projects.'
- Project finance, Chambers and Partners Europe, 2019
'Arturo Sferruzza leads the team and regularly represents a host of important names from the international finance space.'
- Renewables Energy Lawyer of the Year, Legalcommunity Energy Awards, 2019
- Banking and finance, Italy, Best Lawyers, 2018
- Project finance, Chambers and Partners Global, 2018 'Head of department Arturo Sferruzza is well versed in renewable energy and infrastructure projects on both a domestic and an international level. He is praised among sources, who note that 'he has a deep knowledge of project finance procedures' and is 'a hands-on lawyer who is very commercial and client-oriented.'
- Energy, Chambers and Partners Global, 2018
'Department head Arturo Sferruzza is proficient in handling a variety of mandates in the renewable energy sector, including M&A transactions and project financings. Clients praise his 'technical knowledge and commercial awareness.'
- Energy, Legalcommunity Energy Report - The best in Italy, 2018
'È un professionista molto intelligente e proattivo, con una profonda conoscenza dei requisiti legali delle procedure di project finance. / 'Proactive and clever. He has a deep knowledge of project finance procedures.'
January 12, 2022
December 23, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright closes Lima Metro Line 2 securitization and ECA-backed credit facility financing
August 13, 2021
Publication | 2022
A purposive approach: Italian court decides not to revoke renewable incentives following a minor formal infraction
Publication | May 04, 2021
Publication | January 15, 2021
Publication | October 01, 2020