Partner, Canadian National Chair, Litigation and Disputes and Canadian Head of Financial Institutions
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jennifer Teskey is the Canadian national chair, litigation and disputes and Canadian head of our financial institutions sector. She practises in corporate and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on class actions, securities, accounting, regulatory and energy-related matters.
Clients represented by Ms. Teskey include professional regulators, pharmaceutical, financial services, manufacturing, transportation, technology and energy companies.
She has appeared before all levels of Ontario courts as well as courts in Saskatchewan, Newfoundland and New Brunswick. Ms. Teskey has also appeared before many administrative tribunals, including the Ontario Securities Commission, the Ontario Energy Board, the Electrical Safety Authority and the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario. She also regularly advises accounting regulators.
Ms. Teskey has specific experience with complex accounting matters, commercial litigation, injunctions and class actions. Details of her experience are found under “representative experience.”
Ms. Teskey is a member of our Canadian Management Committee and Global Executive Committee.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Ontario 2003
Ms. Teskey has acted as counsel for the following clients:
- Cathay Forest Products Corp. in defending and settling a securities-related class action
- Corporations and dissidents in proxy contests: Mundoro Capital Inc., Roxgold Inc., Savitr Capital LLC, Harmony Asset Limited and Smoothwater Capital Corporation
- Nortel Networks Corporation in defending and settling securities-related class actions brought against Nortel regarding the restatement of its financial results
- BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., a lead underwriter, in a securities class action
- The Dow Chemical Company in respect of mass tort class actions
- Toronto Hydro in respect of late payment penalties class actions
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition Inc. in a product liability class action
- A national transportation company in various personal injury matters
- Energy industry participants in various regulatory, civil litigation and appellant proceedings
- The Public Accountants Council for the province of Ontario, advising on complex standard reviews and regulatory compliance issues
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022-2023
- Acritas Stars 2020, 2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers in Canada , 2013: Litigation lawyer to watch
- Lexpert – Rising Star, 2012: Leading Lawyer under 40
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Advocates’ Society
Disputed: The 2023 Litigation Trends Survey | S3 EP2
Podcast | February 8, 2023
2023 Annual Litigation Trends Summit
Webinar | January 19, 2023
Return to the workplace
Publication | April 18, 2022