Senior Corporate Paralegal
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Tamara Shomody works in our business law services group. With more than 23 years of experience as a corporate paralegal, she has extensive experience in all aspects of corporate law, including both federal and provincial statutes for private companies. She participates in all aspects of major corporate transactions, including incorporation, amalgamation, continuance, dissolution, arrangement, amendment, limited partnerships, corporate maintenance and extra-provincial registrations. She has extensive knowledge of the CORES system and is able to identify corporate history and information relating to corporations and societies.
Tamara has performed various corporate transactions, and her work includes:
- Preparing, co-ordinating and filing Alberta and extra-provincial annual returns
- Minute book creations and maintenance
- Levels 1, 2 and 3 CORES filings (annual returns, notices, incorporations, amendments, amalgamations, dissolutions, etc.)
- Due diligence minute book reviews
- Preparing various corporate director and shareholder resolutions as required
- Drafting various closing documentation for M&A transactions
- Creating closing agendas for M&A transaction
- Recording various types of share transactions, creating share certificates and resolutions
- Preparing Certificates of Limited Partnerships and Notices to Amend Certificate of Limited Partnership
CORES Level I, Level II & Level III Certificates, Government of Alberta, 1998
Legal Secretary Certificate, Calgary Board of Education, 1994
- "Minute Books and Record Keeping," Legal Education Society of Alberta (Corporate Law for Legal Support Staff), Edmonton, Alberta, February 5, 2013; Calgary, Alberta, February 12, 2013.