Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Catherine Daigle practises intellectual property law with a focus on trademarks and advertising issues. She has developed a practice that addresses strategic issues related to trademark portfolio management on an international level for a range of clients in a variety of disciplines. Ms. Daigle assists clients across all the stages of the trademark life cycle, including clearance and availability opinions, developing filing strategies, trademark prosecution and administrative proceedings before the Registrar of Trademarks (opposition and cancellation proceedings). Ms. Daigle has also pleaded before the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal in trademark matters.
Ms. Daigle also advises client in all aspects of the commercialization of intellectual property rights. She has significant experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial IP agreements and regularly supports clients in identifying and solving IP-related issues arising in larger commercial transactions.
Ms. Daigle has regulatory knowledge regarding consumer product packaging, labelling and advertising. She deals, among other things, with issues pertaining to the Charter of the French language. She also provides regulatory, compliance and commercial advice to companies regulated by Health Canada and other provincial regulators. She helps clients navigate the regulatory landscape implemented by the Food and Drugs Act, the Cannabis Act, the Tobacco and Vaping Products Act and other legislation.
LL.B., University of Montreal, 2003
- Quebec 2004
- Canada (trademarks) 2012
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Intellectual Property Law, 2022-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2022: recommended in Intellectual Property
- Rising Stars Expert Guide, 2018, 2019, 2021: nominated in Trademarks
- Recurring workshop leader on opposition proceedings, "Understanding Trademarks" course, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, McGill University.
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Assistant director of the "Understanding Trademarks" course (2019)
- Director of the "Understanding Trademarks" course (2020)
- International Trademark Association
- Member of the Non-Traditional Marks Committee (Canadian Subcommittee)
- Trademark Agent Examining Board (2014-2017)
- Director, "Understanding Trademarks" course, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, McGill University (2020)
- Co-director, "Understanding Trademarks" course, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, McGill University (2019)
Publication | June 3, 2022
Webinar | May 19, 2021
Webinar | 2020