Related services and key industries
Will Alete is an aviation and asset finance lawyer based in London. He specializes in aircraft-related transactions.
Will acts for airlines, banks and lessors on a wide variety of aviation financing and leasing transactions including the sale and purchase of aircraft, leasing (both finance and operating leases), sale and leasebacks, debt financing (for both commercial and corporate aircraft) and export credit agency backed financing structures.
Will has acted for large corporate clients and private individuals in respect of the acquisition, financing and operating structures (both on a private category and commercial air transport basis) for corporate aircraft.
Will also advises clients on a broad range of aviation commercial agreements such as spare engine leases, engine support agreements, wet leases, charter agreements, maintenance general terms agreements, line maintenance and ground handling agreements.
- Bristol Law School – Legal Practice Course
- Brunel University – B.A.. (Hons) Law
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
Advising / acting for:
- Virgin Atlantic Airways on: the purchase of up to 30 A330-9 aircraft; Product Agreement and TotalCare Agreement for Trent 7000 engines; base maintenance and repair / overhaul agreements with various suppliers.
- SAS - in respect of the sale and leaseback of 17 A320 NEO aircraft; operating leasing of five A320NEO aircraft from ALAFCO
- UK Export Finance - in respect of an ECA backed fifteen aircraft operating lease financing.
- DHL - in respect of B777F operating leases and JOLCO financings.
- FlyNas - in respect of: various operating leases, engine leases, aircraft subleases and novations; PDP financing relating of A320Neo aircraft; purchase of A321XLR aircraft; novation of portfolio of leases from existing AOC to new AOC.
- LOT Polish Airlines in respect of: various operating leases of Boeing 787-8 and 787-9 aircraft from ACG, ALC and Avolon; UKEF backed financing of two Boeing 787-8 aircraft with Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines; operating leasing of six Embraer 190 aircraft from NAC.
- Lloyds Banks plc - in respect of the financing and leasing of a portfolio of Rolls Royce Trent 500, 700 and 800 engines.
- A syndicate of lenders - on a multi-currency revolving credit facility made available to a major international airline and secured by a pool of wide body aircraft and aircraft engines.
- Saudi Arabian Airlines / Flyadeal - on the leasing of six new A320CEO aircraft from DAE and A320NEO aircraft from Avolon.
Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500, Asset Finance and Leasing (2017, 2018)
Rising Star, Legal 500, Transport Finance and Leasing (2019, 2020)
Associate to watch, Chambers and Partners (2020)