Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jenya Hammond is a business lawyer whose work focuses on all aspects of infrastructure and construction projects, as well as general commercial matters.
Ms. Hammond's experience includes all aspects of infrastructure projects, from project planning, design and procurement to construction, operation and maintenance across a range of project delivery models, including public-private partnerships. She regularly advises owners and bidders on RFP, tender and other procurement processes, including the structuring of procurements, drafting of complex procurement documents, and negotiation of commercial agreements.
In her commercial work, Ms. Hammond assists public bodies, private companies, health authorities and non-profits with drafting and negotiating all types of commercial contracts.
- British Columbia 2012
Ms. Hammond has been involved in the following matters:
- Broadway Subway Project – counsel to the Province of British Columbia on all aspects of procurement and construction of a $2.83 billion extension of the existing SkyTrain system in Vancouver, which will include elevated guideways, bored tunnels and six underground stations in a busy urban corridor
- Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project – counsel to TransLink on all aspects of procurement and construction of this $3.12 billion extension of the existing SkyTrain system to Langley, British Columbia, which will include elevated guideways, eight stations, three bus exchanges, park-and-ride spaces, 55 SkyTrain vehicles, and an operations and maintenance centre
- Capital Regional District Core Area Wastewater Treatment Program – advised the Capital Regional District on a multi-facility project including a tertiary wastewater treatment plant (design-build‐finance), a residuals treatment facility (design-build-finance-operate), multiple pump stations (design-build) and conveyance pipelines (design‐bid‐build), and an attenuation tank, all near Victoria, British Columbia
- Lions Gate Secondary Wastewater Treatment Plant – counsel to Metro Vancouver on this $800 million design-build-finance project for a tertiary wastewater treatment plant in the District of North Vancouver, British Columbia
- North Island Hospitals Project – counsel to Vancouver Island Health Authority on all aspects of procurement and construction of two new acute care hospitals in Comox and Campbell River, British Columbia, using a design, build, finance and maintain model
- North Battleford Hospital – Advised SaskBuilds Corporation, the Saskatchewan Ministry of Central Services, the Saskatchewan Ministry of Justice (Corrections and Policing) and the Prairie North Regional Health Authority on this design-build-finance-maintain project for a combined mental health and correctional complex near North Battleford, Saskatchewan.
- Swift Current Long Term Care Centre – counsel to SaskBuilds and Saskatchewan Health Authority on SaskBuilds' first public-private-partnership project for a 225 bed long-term care facility that connects to the Cypress Regional Hospital
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police "E" Division Headquarters Relocation – counsel to the Government of Canada in connection with its first public-private-partnership project for the design, build, finance and maintenance of its RCMP headquarters building and forensics laboratory in Surrey, British Columbia
- SRO Renewal Initiative P3 Project – counsel to BC Housing on the SRO Renewal Initiative P3 Project to renovate 13 single-room occupancy hotels in the downtown eastside area of Vancouver, British Columbia. This was Canada's first social housing public-private partnership
- Pan Am Games Stadia and Velodrome - counsel to Ontario Sports Solutions, the successful sponsors a design-build-finance project for the reconstruction of Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, a new athletics stadium at York University, a new cycling Velodrome in Milton and two running tracks in Toronto
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Project development; Project finance (Rising Star), 2019-2023
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Projects: PPP and Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2023
- The Legal 500 Canada: Construction (Next Generation Partner), 2023
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia