Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance
- Cross-border insolvency representation
- Financial institutions, funds and creditor representation
Regina Rath is a restructuring and insolvency lawyer based in Frankfurt. She has more than 20 years of experience in advising domestic and international clients on distressed situations, restructuring options and insolvency law, often with cross-border implications.
The focus of her work is on advising lenders and other creditors as well as investors on restructurings and refinancings as well as on distressed debt and non-performing loan transactions. Furthermore, she advises clients, in particular from the automotive, aviation and real estate sectors, on restructuring strategies and liability risks in crisis as well as in the enforcement of creditors' rights. She also acted in one of the first StaRUG proceedings on the banking side. She regularly publishes on current insolvency law topics and appears as a speaker at national and international events.
Prior to joining us, Regina Rath worked in a leading UK law firm as well as in an international US law firm and has working experience in Chicago, Toronto, Brussels and Paris. In addition to her German degree, Regina Rath holds a DESS from the University of Paris I - Sorbonne and a Maîtrise en Droit from the University of Paris X-Nanterre. In addition to her native German, she is fluent in English and French.
- 2nd state examination, Hesse (2000)
- 1st state examination, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main (1998)
- Diplôme d'études suérieures specialisées (DESS), International and European Law, University of Paris I Sorbonne (1996)
- Maîtrise en Droit, Private International and European Law, University of Paris X Nanterre (1995)
- Rechtsanwältin 2000
- Advising a major international bank in connection with the refinancing and restructuring of the Benteler Group
- Advising a creditor bank in the insolvency proceedings of the international payment service provider group Wirecard.
- Representation of LATAM as aircraft lessor in the protective shield / self-administration proceedings of Sundair GmbH.
- Representation of LCM Partners in connection with the purchase of a large secured and unsecured commercial NPL portfolio.
- Representation of aircraft lessors in the insolvency proceedings of Air Berlin and Condor
- Representation of airlines in ZIM Flugsitz insolvency proceedings
- Die Neuregelung der Geschäftsführerhaftung für Steuerschulden gemäß § 15b InsO (Duttiné/ Rath), essay in SanB 1/21, 26
- Das COVID-19-Insolvenz-Aussetzungsgesetz – wichtige Erleichterungen in der coronabedingten Krise, aber kein Allheilmittel, editorial in Betriebs-Berater 17.2020, S. I
- SanInsFoG – Plädoyer für den Sanierungsstandort Deutschland!, editorial in Betriebs-Berater 2.2012, S. I
- UK and Germany: New Restructuring Tools and Cross-border Recognition Post-Brexit (Rath/ Thorn), essay in INSOL World – Fourth Quarter 2020, S. 24
- Rolling with the punches: Brexit's impact on UK-EU cross-border restructuring (Thorn/ Craggs/ Rath), essay in Corporate Rescue and Insolvency, 2021, 28.
- Heidelberger InsolvenzFORUM 2021, Workshop ‚Banks and Creditors': „Strategien bei der Auswahl des Restrukturierungsinstruments aus Banken- und Unternehmenssicht", October 2021
- IWIRC Europe, „Key restructuring procedures in 2021 – Germany, Netherlands, Ireland & UK" (Rechtsvergleich zu Restrukturierungsverfahren), panelist, July 21
- NIVD, Wiesbadener Frühjahrswoche, StaRUG aus Gläubigerperspektive, May 2021
- Forum-Institut, Liquidität in unsicheren Zeiten, panelist, March 2021
- Real Estate Academy (REA), Online training course for real estate professionals, module „Insolvency law"
- TMA Deutschland e.V. (an international affiliate of Turnaround Management Association) and TMA NOW (TMA Network of Women)
- ARGE Insolvenzrecht (working group insolvency law) of the German Lawyers' Association
- IWIRC Europe
- German-French Lawyers' Association (DFJ)
Webinar | May 18, 2021
Publication | May 03, 2021
Webinar | April 15, 2021
Webinar | April 29, 2021