Related services and key industries
Mai Muto is an antitrust and competition lawyer based in Brussels.
Mai focuses her practice on European competition law matters, including cartels, merger control, and abuse of dominance. She represents clients in global cartel investigations, cartel damages negotiations, and merger control reviews. Mai counsels multinational companies on distribution issues, licencing arrangements, and antitrust compliance matters. She also regularly advises clients on data protection matters, such as data transfer mechanisms and GDPR applicability, as well as other EU law issues.
Prior to starting her legal career in Brussels, Mai worked in the services sector in Japan and in a Tokyo law firm. She joined the firm in 2020, having worked in a major US law firm in Brussels since 2010.
Master of European Law (LLM), College of Europe
Social Psychology (Bachelor of Arts), University of Tokyo
- Registered at the Daiichi Tokyo Bar, Japan
- Registered at the Brussels Bar
- "EU Competition policy contributing to the EU Green Deal", International Business Law Executive Summary, No. 42, the Japanese Institute of International Business Law, December 2020
- "2020 EU Competition Law Review", Shojihomu Portal, SH3449, Shojihomu Co. Ltd., January 2021
- "EU Proposal for Digital Markets Act", Shojihomu Portal, SH3481, Shojihomu Co. Ltd., February 2021
- "European Commission's New Guidance on Merger Case Referrals", International Business Law Executive Summary, No. 49, the Japanese Institute of International Business Law, June 2020