WebinarJune 5, 2019 | 13:00 - 14:00 CT | Accreditation 1.0 CLE
We are delighted to present this webinar together with the Litigation Network of the ACC. Please register by noon (PST) on June 4 and ACC will waive its fees for Norton Rose Fulbright clients and lawyers.
This one-hour CLE presentation will cover the key requirements under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and provide practical tips for how to prepare for class action litigation and regulatory agency enforcement risks before the law goes into effect. We will also provide recommendations on how to prepare for any further changes in the US privacy law landscape, both on the state and federal side, and provide insights to how CCPA compares with GDPR.
Key issues include
- Class action litigation and AG enforcement under CCPA and potential business impact
- GLBA, FCRA and HIPAA preemption
- Key IT policies and compliance program requirements, including data mapping, access, deletion and opt-out
- Contractual requirements for third parties and service providers
- Predictions for CCPA amendments
- CCPA-copycat laws and the first-ever federal privacy law