Wayne St. Hugh Livingstone
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Wayne St. Hugh LivingstonevCard
Related services and key industries
Wayne Livingstone is an intellectual property attorney based in Dallas. He focuses his practice on transactional intellectual property matters.
Wayne counsels clients on strategies for protecting intellectual property and prosecutes patent applications, from preparation to issuance, in the chemical, petroleum, medical devices, electrical, and mechanical fields.
Before law school, Wayne worked for several years in the petroleum industry. His substantial experience in industry and in law equips Wayne well to represent clients in protecting their innovations. He employs creativity in resolving the important issues necessary to achieve client objectives.
As an experienced intellectual property attorney and Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), Wayne represents clients who provide representations and warranties insurance in mergers and acquisitions, advising them on intellectual property, information technology, privacy, and data security matters.
JD, summa cum laude, St. Mary's University, 2006
BS, Chemical Engineering, University of the West Indies, 1987
While in law school, Wayne served as associate editor on the St. Mary's Law Journal. He was on the Dean's List every semester and was a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity. In May 2006, he was inducted as a member of The John M. Harlan Society for high attainments in the study of law.
Wayne was admitted to the practice of law in Texas in 2006 and in the Northern District of Texas in 2007. He was registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2007.
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Represent a hearing aid innovator before the United States Patent and Trademark Office with respect to the innovator's patents that were challenged in response to enforcement those patents
- Manage patent portfolio of a water treatment company
- Manage patent portfolio of a company that develops and designs fuel-pump controls and cross-marketing technology
- Manage patent portfoio of an energy company
- Manage patent portfolio of a company that provides services to power generation companies
- Manage design patent portfolio of a company that markets produce
- Prepare and prosecute utility and design patent applications
- Oral advocacy before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Counsel insurance companies on representations and warranties insurance on intellectual property, information technology, privacy, and data security
- Co-author with Ross Viguet, "The New USPTO Guidelines on the Determination of Obviousness," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, October, 2007
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section
- J.L. Turner Legal Association
- Toastmasters International
- Veterans Pro Bono Legal Clinic (Dallas VA Medical Center), Volunteer
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, Volunteer
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)