Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Jaime L. Stark, Ph.D. is an associate in the Houston office. Jaime joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2019 and focuses his practice on IP disputes, IP transactions and patent prosecution.
Jaime has over 16 years of scientific research experience. He worked in both the clinical and bioanalytical divisions of a global clinical research organization (CRO) that focused on early-phase pharmaceutical research. As a clinical associate, Jaime collected and processed biological samples from study participants in a controlled clinical environment and as a bioanalytical scientist, he developed, validated and employed bioanalytical methods for the quantitative evaluation of pharmaceutical compounds, metabolites and biomarkers in biological matrices while adhering to FDA guidelines and GLP principles. After attaining a doctorate in chemistry, Jaime joined a national magnetic resonance facility as a researcher. His research primarily involved the application of analytical chemistry, biochemistry and computational chemistry to probe the structure and function of proteins and to characterize the metabolomes of various organisms and tissues. Jaime has authored or co-authored over a dozen peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals and has presented his research at several chemistry, structural genomics and magnetic resonance conferences.
JD, University of Houston Law Center, 2019
PhD, Chemistry, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2013
BS, Chemistry and Biology, Doane College, 2001
During law school, Jaime was an articles editor for the Houston Law Review, president of the Intellectual Property Student Organization, and an intern for the Honorable David Hittner of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Also, as an active member of the University of Houston Moot Court team, Jaime twice competed in the AIPLA Giles S. Rich Memorial Moot Court Competition, each year winning a best brief award and advancing to the national rounds.
Jaime's law school accomplishments include the HIPLA & Honorable Nancy F. Atlas IP Inn of Court Student Scholarship, the State Bar of Texas Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, the National Order of Scribes, the Advocates Achievement in Advocacy Scholarship, the IPSO Service Award, and the IPIL Co-Directors Award for Best IP Paper. Jaime was also the University of Houston Law Center's nominee for the national AIPLEF Jan Jancin Award.
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Co-author, "Caloric Restriction Engages Hepatic RNA Processing Mechanisms in Rhesus Monkeys," Cell Metabolism, 2018
- Co-author, "Conserved Lipid and Small-Molecule Modulation of COQ8 Reveals Regulation of the Ancient Kinase-like UbiB Family," Cell Chemical Biology, 2018
- Co-author, "NMR-based metabolomics reveals that plant-derived smoke stimulates root growth via affecting carbohydrate and energy metabolism in maize," Metabolomics, 2018
- First author, "NMRmix: A Tool for the Optimization of Compound Mixtures in 1D 1H NMR Ligand Affinity Screens," Journal of Biomolecular NMR, 2016
- Co-author, "The AUDANA algorithm for automated protein 3D structure determination from NMR NOE data," Journal of Biomolecular NMR, 2016
- First author, "The solution structure of the human DnaJ J-domain and its potential role in pancreatic cancer," Biochemistry, 2014
- First author, "Identification of low molecular weight compounds inhibiting the growth of Corynebacteria: potential lead compounds for antibiotics," ChemMedChem, 2014
- Co-author, "PONDEROSA-C/S: client-server based software package for automated protein 3D structure determination," Journal of Biomolecular NMR, 2014
- First author, "Application of NMR and Molecular Docking in Structure-Based Drug Discovery," Topics in Current Chemistry, 2012
- Co-author, "A correlation between protein function and ligand binding profiles," Journal of Proteome Research, 2011
- Co-author, "Searching the protein structure database for ligand-binding site similarities using CPASS v.2," BMC Research Notes, 2011
- Co-author, "PROFESS: A PROtein Function, Evolution, Structure and Sequence Database," Database, 2010
- First author, "Solution structure and function of YndB, an AHSA1 protein from Bacillus subtilis," Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 2010
- First author, "Rapid Protein-Ligand Costructures Using Chemical Shift Perturbations," Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2008
- American Chemical Society
- American IP Law Association (AIPLA)
- Houston IP Law Association (HIPLA)
- American Bar Association Section of IP Law (ABA-IPL)
- Houston Bar Association (HBA)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA)
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers (HVL)