Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Christy represents sponsors, investors and lenders in a range of project development and financing transactions, with a focus on renewables. She has significant experience negotiating hedging and off-take arrangements, project contracts, and project and receivables financings. Christy also has extensive workout and financial restructuring experience, both in and out of court. She has represented indenture trustees, agent banks and lenders in out-of-court restructurings, secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases, and buyers in sales and other asset dispositions both in and outside Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2001
BA, University of Michigan, 1998
- New York State Bar
- Representing sponsors in physically and financially-settled secured and unsecured commodity hedging and offtake arrangements, including wind and solar hedges, renewable energy credit (REC) agreements and heat rate call options.
- Representing project in negotiating commodity hedges for a 250 MW solar energy project in Pecos County, Texas.
- Representing sponsor in negotiating commodity hedge for a solar energy project in Fort Bend County, Texas.
- Represented project in negotiating commodity hedge for the 345 MW Mesquite Sky wind energy project in Texas.
- Represented sponsor in negotiating commodity hedge for the repowering of a 160 MW wind energy project in Tom Green County, Texas.
- Represented hedge provider in negotiating proxy revenue swaps and proxy generation power purchase agreements for multiple wind projects throughout Texas.
- Represented lenders to various SunEdison projects in connection with the SunEdison bankruptcy cases.
- Represented issuers in multiple securitizations of cash flows from distributed solar generation systems.
- Represented the lenders in connection with the Freeport LNG and Sabine Pass LNG liquefaction and export projects located in Freeport, Texas and Cameron Parish, Louisiana, respectively.
- Represented Delaware Trust, as indenture trustee and a member of the creditors' committee in the iHeartMedia bankruptcy cases and CHC bankruptcy cases.
- Represented a large insurance company in litigation relating to the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy cases.
- Represented CSC Trust Company of Delaware, as indenture trustee and as a member of the creditors' committee in the Savient Pharmaceuticals bankruptcy cases.
- Represented HSBC Bank, as indenture trustee in the AbitibiBowater Inc. and Lehman Brothers bankruptcy cases.
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Finance - Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate, The Legal 500, 2018
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2018 - 2020
- "Rising Star," New York Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2015
- IFLR1000 – United States, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2021
- Acritas Star, Acritas, 2021
- "How to Construct a 'Ring-Fence'", Project Finance Newswire, October 9, 2020
- Co-Author, "Rights to Block Bankruptcy Filings in Doubt", Project Finance Newswire, June 16, 2020
- "Second Circuit Provides Clear Guidance to Market on Scope of Permissible Acts under Trust Indenture Act Section 316(b)," Client Alert, January 30, 2017
- "Lessons from the SunEdison Bankruptcy", Norton Rose Fulbright "Currents" Podcast, December 14, 2016
- "The Trust Indenture Act: What is all the Fuss About?," International Restructuring NewsWire (Republished in Law360), Winter 2016
- “Federal Court Strikes Down Puerto Rico’s Recovery Act as Unconstitutional,” Client Alert, February 11, 2015
- "Puerto Rico Claims Authority to Nonconsensually Restructure Public Corporation Debt," Client Alert, July 7, 2014
- "Second Circuit Makes Challenging Implemented Plans More Difficult," International Restructuring NewsWire, March 2013
- "Can A Claims Purchaser Acquire Claims Free of Defects?," International Restructuring NewsWire, June 2012
- "Another Derivatives Dispute Resolved In Favor Of Lehman," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, July/August 2011
- "Lehman Brothers: Limiting the Safe Harbors," (co-author), International Restructuring NewsWire, April 2010
- "Under'standing' a Creditor's Rights to Bring Actions Against Corporate Officers and Directors," International Restructuring NewsWire, September 2007
- "Recent Decision Puts Added Disclosure Pressure on Unofficial Committees," (co-author), International Restructuring NewsWire, September 2007
- "Are There Any Limits to Mandatory Subordination Under Section 510(b) of the Bankruptcy Code?," (co-author), Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, March 2007
- "Are Subsidiaries Really Bankruptcy Remote?," Project Finance NewsWire, (co-author), October 2005
- Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA) Webinar, New York, NY, July 12, 2016
- "Tips for Trustees: Out of Court Restructuring and the Trust Indenture Act," New York, NY, March 9, 2016
- Puerto Rico's New Public Corporation Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act – Restructuring Legislation for Commonwealth Instrumentalities Webinar, New York, NY, July 28, 2014
- Ms. Rivera is a member of Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energies (WRISE) and the National Association of Women Lawyers.
October 18, 2021
September 15, 2021
July 22, 2021