Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
George Baptista is a partner in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office. He focuses his practice on Latin America finance and has extensive experience working with issuers and underwriters on international securities offerings. George also has experience in corporate, multilateral and infrastructure-related financings in the emerging markets.
Previously, George was an Executive Director at a global investment bank, an Assistant General Counsel at the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, and worked at various international law firms. George is a native bilingual Spanish and English speaker and also speaks Portuguese and French.
JD, University of Virginia School of Law
BA, magna cum laude, Brown University
- New York State Bar
- Represented Banco Nacional de Panama in its $1 billion debut offering of Senior Notes due 2030 issued pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S
- Represented the underwriters in Plano & Plano Desenvolvimento Imobiliário S.A.'s approximately 600 million Brazilian Reais initial public offering of shares placed outside of Brazil pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S by Itau BBA USA Securities, BTG Pactual, Bradesco Securities and Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Represented Banco Nacional de Panama on two credit facilities arranged by Goldman Sachs and Societe Generale – totaling US$510 million which are guaranteed by the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan as initial purchasers of Lima Metro Line 2 Finance II Limited's US$563,1750,000 Senior Secured Notes due 2036 issued pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Represented project sponsors Sacyr S.A. and Constuctora Malaga on the approximately US$350 million bond securitization of payment rights pursuant to a Rule 4(a)(2) private placement related to the construction of the Longitudinal de la Sierra 2 road project in Peru.
- Represented The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., HSBC Mexico, S.A., Institución and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, on a US$710 million syndicated loan facility to Alpek, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch, BTG Pactual, Itau BBA, and J.P. Morgan as underwriters in the issuance of 106.5 million common shares of BK Brasil Operação e Assessoria a Restaurantes S.A.
- Represented Mizuho and UBS as initial purchasers in Multibank Inc.'s $300 million debut international issuance of Senior Notes due 2022.
- Represented BTG Pactual, Credit Suisse and Banco Santander as underwriters in the offering of 55.5 million common shares of International Meal Company Alimentação S.A. to the public in Brazil and qualified institutional buyers in the United States.
- Represented Mizuho Bank Ltd. as administrative agent, sole bookrunner and mandated lead arranger, in a US$193 million four-year syndicated loan to Panamanian trade bank Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior S.A.
- Represented Sanepar, a Brazilian water sanitation company, in raising approximately $550 million from an initial public offering listed on the Brazilian stock exchange and sold offshore pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Represented Global Bank Corporation on its cash tender offer to purchase any and all of its Notes due 2017 and new issuance of $550 million of Notes due 2021.
- Represented Grupo Odinsa S.A. as borrower of an approximately $194 million secured credit facility arranged by Banco Itaú for the acquisition of an interest in Corporacion Quiport S.A., the concessionaire of the Mariscal Sucre Airport in Quito, Ecuador.
- Represented J.P. Morgan as lender in connection with a bilateral senior credit facility for Arcos Dorados B.V., the largest operator of McDonald's restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Represented Grupo Odinsa S.A., whose Aruban affiliate Caribbean Infrastructure Company N.V. executed an approximately $58.7 million debt financing with Deutsche Bank for the design, construction and maintenance operations over a 20-year period for the approximately $140 million Aruba Green Corridor availability payment road project.
- Represented the Inter-American Development Bank in connection with a US $94.7 million loan to Complejo Agro-Industrial Angostura S.A.(Paraguay).
- Represented Global Bank Corporation on its offering of $400 million Senior Notes due 2019.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets, Itau BBA, and Mizuho Securities as initial purchasers on Samarco Mineração S.A.'s offering of $500 million Notes due 2024.
- Represented Itau Unibanco S.A. as borrower of a $400,000,000 floating rate term loan from the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
- Legal 500 USA, recommended lawyer, Structured finance: securitization, The Legal 500, 2019
- Legal 500 Latin America, recommended lawyer, International firms: Banking and finance, The Legal 500, 2019 - 2021
- IFLR 1000 - United States, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2019 - 2021
June 28, 2021
October 12, 2020
September 21, 2020