Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Mike Cross is a senior associate practicing in the Denver office. Mike's practice focuses on oil and gas, mining and other natural resource industries. Mike has significant commercial and industry-specific litigation experience, having represented clients in complex state, federal and administrative agency litigation, including class action and multidistrict litigation and a cross-border bankruptcy trial.
Mike also advises and represents clients in regulatory, compliance, permitting and operation issues, particularly in connection with federal procedural and environmental statutes and regulations.
JD, Cornell Law School, 2009
BS, Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 2006
Mike is admitted to practice in Colorado, Wyoming, New York, United States District Court for the District of Colorado, United States District Court for the District of North Dakota, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Colorado State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Wyoming State Bar
- Represented industry trade associations in federal litigation concerning greenhouse gas emissions and climate change.
- Represented industry trade associations in legal challenges to Bureau of Land Management leasing decisions alleging violations of NEPA, NHPA, the ESA and other federal statutes.
- Represented industry trade associations bringing challenges to the Department of the Interior's decision to amend federal land use plans related to greater sage-grouse in eleven states.
- Represented a client in a Tenth Circuit appeal of an approved oil and gas development project.
- Represented an oil and gas company in Clean Water Act and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act litigation.
- Represented a client in a multidistrict litigation involving fraudulent conveyance claims.
- Represented unsecured creditors in a cross-border bankruptcy confirmation trial.
- Drafted legislation defining the parameters of state and municipal jurisdiction of oil and gas regulation in Utah.