Felicia J. Boyd
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Felicia J. BoydvCard
Related services and key industries
Felicia Boyd is a Chambers ranked litigator with extensive experience as a leader in complex IP disputes involving patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade dress—both in and out of court—spanning a diverse array of industries, including financial and investment services, medical devices (such as pacemakers, heart valves, defibrillators and synchronization devices), software, music, pharmaceuticals and manufactured goods. With more than three decades of practice, she has obtained several victories as a litigator, including preliminary injunction motions, summary judgment motions, favorable settlements and jury verdicts at trial.
Felicia has significant experience with complex case management and the coordination of global discovery efforts. She effectively designs and implements litigation strategies consistent with client objectives. She possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill even the most complex challenges, issues and technologies down to critical points and action items, regardless of role as an advocate, arbitrator or mediator. Additionally, Felicia advises on Markman strategy, briefing and argument, and the selection and development of all experts.
Notably, Felicia also serves as an arbitrator and mediator. She is a fellow of the CIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators) and a member of LCIA (The London Court of International Arbitration), ArbitralWomen, and the complex commercial litigation panel and the consumer litigation panel of the American Arbitration Association.
Felicia manages global trademark portfolios for clients in various industries, including nearly three decades of work for a Fortune 50 financial institution, and she excels in her ability as an arbitrator and mediator, possessing hard-earned people skills and the capacity to see beyond adversity. Felicia provides strategic counseling and contract drafting and analysis for licensing, acquisitions, transfers, trademark clearance, and patent validity and infringement assessments.
Felicia is admitted to the State Bar of Minnesota, US Patent and Trademark Office, US District Court for the District of Minnesota, US District Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
JD, magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1987
BA, cum laude, St. Olaf College, 1984
- Minnesota State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Chambers USA, Intellectual Property – Minnesota, Chambers and Partners, 2013 - 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers, 2009 - 2021
- Managing IP's Top 250 Women in IP nationwide, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2016, 2019 - 2020
- World Trademark Review 1000, Law Business Research Ltd., 2013, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Notable Women in Law, Twin Cities Business, Key Enterprises LLC, 2020
- Minnesota Lawyer, Attorneys of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2013
- Minnesota Monthly, Minnesota's Best Lawyers, Greenspring Media, LLC, 2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2014 - 2019
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation, Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2015 - 2016; 2020
- World Intellectual Property Review, IP Leader, Newton Media Ltd, 2017
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, Patent star – Minnesota, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2019 - 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Advertising and marketing: litigation, The Legal 500, 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Patents: litigation (full-coverage), The Legal 500, 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Trademarks: litigation, The Legal 500, 2020
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2020
- Author, "A Way To Efficiently Resolve International Patent Disputes," Law360, February 8, 2016
- Author, "Teva v Sandoz: another change for patent litigation," Intellectual Property Magazine, March 6, 2015
- Co-author, "Employer And Employee Ownership Of Intellectual Property: Not As Easy As You Think," Corporate Counsel Connect, Thomson Reuters, December 19, 2014