Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jayesh Patel is a trial litigator and strategic advisor focused on helping clientele tackle and resolve complex financial, real estate and commercial litigation on a wide range of business issues. Jay represents both domestic and international clients, from small to medium sized businesses, to high-net-worth individuals and family offices. He is known for tackling and resolving the toughest problems - whether by aggressively litigating high-stakes cases through to trial, or acting as a trusted advisor for sensitive personal matters behind the scenes. Jay believes that taking a resolutely proactive approach, identifying and preventing potential problems, is key to successfully advising and acting on a wide range of the subject matters clients need and expect to help them manage the various types and levels of risk they encounter. Jay has experience in insurance coverage and professional services risk management as well, helping businesses navigate complex issues.
JD, UC Berkeley School of Law, 1987
BS, cum laude, UC Berkeley, 1984
- California State Bar
- Advisory work for a manufacturer on a variety of legal issues involving shareholder disputes, labor and employment, and consumer claims/product distribution issues.
- Defense and advise of Board member of substantial closely-held corporation, including proxy fights and Board disputes.
- Defense and trial of significant corporate waste and fraud claim against former CEO of an International hospitality company
- Defense of significant claims against substantial law firms for negligence and fiduciary breach
- Trial of Title 9 case against private university
- Defense of RICO claims against property owner arising out of land use litigation
- Litigation of substantial legal malpractice claims arising out of patent application deficiencies
- Martindale Hubbel AV Rating
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2005 - 2021