Sameer A. Ghaznavi
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sameer Ghaznavi is a partner in the firm's Chicago office. He represents private and public companies, developers, utilities and sponsors in relation to the development, strategic acquisition and sale of energy and infrastructure projects in the United States and internationally.
Prior to starting his own practice, Sameer held legal and corporate counsel positions at several energy and power companies. He uses this perspective to provide practical and business-oriented guidance to clients in these industries.
Sameer has been named a Rising Star in Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power by Legal 500 and was also recognized as a Trailblazer in Energy/Environmental Law by the National Law Journal.
- JD, University of Maryland School of Law, 2010
- BA, Economics, University of Alberta, 2007
- Illinois State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Legal 500 US, Recommended Lawyer, Renewable and Alternative Power, The Legal 500, 2023
- Legal 500 US, Rising Star, Renewable and Alternative Power, The Legal 500, 2021
- Trailblazer in Energy/Environmental Law, National Law Journal, 2021
- Co-author, Defending your supply chain against coronavirus COVID-19 (United States), 9 March 2020
- Contributor, Report of the Power Generation and Marketing Subcommittee, Vol 36:2, Energy L.J. 111, 2015
- Co-author, "Retail Electric Supply Agreement Basics & Negotiation Tips." American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources In-House Newsletter, April 2014
October 23, 2023
August 16, 2023
July 31, 2023