Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Phillipa Beck is a construction and engineering lawyer in Melbourne.
Phillipa holds dual qualifications with Honours in both Law and Civil Engineering. Prior to her time at the firm, Phillipa worked on the Wembley Stadium litigation at a Magic Circle firm in London. Phillipa then worked at Norton Rose Fulbright from 2008 to 2013, during which time Phillipa advised a range of major construction and infrastructure clients on project delivery and disputes.
More recently she has run her own legal consultancy and worked as the sole in-house counsel for construction company Qanstruct. This work spanned risk management, contract drafting and negotiation and dispute avoidance and management. Phillipa was appointed a member of the Law Council of Australia's Construction & Infrastructure Group in Melbourne in 2015.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) / Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Hons), The University of Melbourne, completed in 2003.
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2005
- Wembley National Stadium - in relation to various disputes, resolved by English High Court proceedings
- National construction company - defending an appeal to the Victorian Court of Appeal
- National construction company - representing the plaintiff in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in proceedings involving eight parties
- Member of the Law Council of Australia's Construction and Infrastructure Group