R. Mark Hamrick
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
R. Mark HamrickvCard
Related services and key industries
Mark Hamrick is a senior associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Houston office. He has a broad corporate practice focused on complex M&A, private equity, and venture capital transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, minority investments, and joint ventures. His practice also includes general corporate representation of both public and private companies, which he regularly advises regarding commercial, corporate governance, and securities matters. His clients include private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies and management teams, venture capital funds, startups, and public companies across a variety of industries.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 2014
- BA, magna cum laude, The University of Southern Mississippi, 2011
- Texas State Bar
Mark's experience includes representation of:
- A Fortune 100 company in its sale of a 1,000 acre petrochemical complex and related assets.
- A Nasdaq-listed upstream services and technology company in its acquisition by a NYSE-listed drilling contractor in a stock-for-stock transaction valued at approximately $220 million.
- A privately held midstream development and management company in the sale of its minority interest in a natural gas pipeline company as part of an overall transaction valued at approximately $1.3 billion.
- A private equity backed oil and gas company in connection with the acquisition of non-operated interests in Bakken oil and gas assets.
- A Nasdaq-listed digital service provider in connection with multiple acquisitions.
- A university healthcare system in its acquisition of hospital facilities and related management rights from a publicly traded healthcare service provider for approximately $750 million.
- A major oil and gas company in its acquisition of a South American fuel importer and owner of energy infrastructure assets for approximately $470 million.
- A private equity backed E&P company in connection with a $250 million line of equity commitment from a large energy-focused private equity fund.
- A private equity backed pipeline developer in the development and joint venture planning relating to a natural gas pipeline in the Marcellus region involving equity contributions from a group of public companies and private investment funds of approximately $750 million.
- A privately held industrial services company in a majority recapitalization transaction valued at approximately $75 million.
- A management team in connection with the formation of an investment platform targeting oil development opportunities in South Texas backed by a $250 million equity line commitment from a major private equity fund, and the concurrent acquisition of a leasehold position covering approximately 12,000 acres in the Eagle Ford Shale.
- A private equity backed provider of produced water treatment technologies and services in connection with (i) four rounds of preferred equity investment from a group of investors consisting of two private equity funds, a private company, and members of management, (ii) two bridge financings, and (iii) a complex recapitalization transaction.
- A private equity fund specializing in power and energy infrastructure projects in connection with its $100 million investment into a joint venture with a private investment firm to form an investment management platform focused on the specialty contracting sector.
- A private equity fund in connection with a minority recapitalization of a financial services company.
- A medical device company in its Series A round of equity financing from a consortium of private investors and early-stage investment funds.
- A startup pharmaceutical company in connection with (i) its initial formation and capitalization, (ii) a convertible note financing, (iii) its purchase of certain assets from a major pharmaceutical company, and (iv) its Series A round of equity financing.
- The sponsor of an early-stage investment fund in (i) the fund's initial formation and capitalization, (ii) the design and build out of an investment holding and management vehicle structure, and (iii) the execution of multiple venture capital investments.
- The sponsor of an investment fund focused on emerging companies in connection with the formation of its second early-stage investment fund.
- Multiple public companies in connection with '34 Act compliance and general corporate governance matters.
- Texas Rising Stars, Mergers and Acquisitions, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2019