Courtney S. Floyd
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Courtney S. FloydvCard
Related services and key industries
Courtney Floyd serves as counsel in Norton Rose Fulbright's San Antonio office. Her practice involves all aspects of commercial and multi-family residential real estate matters and condominium regimes, including financing, development, acquisition, disposition, leasing and operation of improved and unimproved real estate property, and foreclosures and related remedial matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Courtney provided litigation services to a wide array of industries. In her role as a litigation advisor, she represented clients in a variety of jurisdictions in multi-party litigation, complex construction defect litigation and labor and employment law matters. Courtney routinely represented clients in all aspects of pre-trial work, jury trials, and alternative dispute resolution.
JD, St. Mary's University School of Law, 2007
BA, Southwest Texas State University (Texas State University), 2000
In law school, Courtney was a member of the External Advocacy Program Mock Trial Team and served as Vice Magister of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society. She served as an Educational Success speaker to law students, was the recipient of the Dean's Leadership Award, and was a nominee for the Woman in Law Student Leadership Award.
- Texas State Bar
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, Elected 2015
- Rising Star, SA Scene Magazine, 2013
- "Bad Faith and Extra Contractual Damages," Various Events, 2012
- "Justice: Texas Style! Texas Tort Reform and Case Law Update," Various Events, 2012
- "New Trends for Adjusters: Subrogation & Liens, Paid v. Incurred, Punitive Damages and Other Bad Acts," Various Events, 2012
- Real Estate Council Leadership Development Program, San Antonio (2015-2016)
- Texas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas - Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Division, Member; Construction Law Division, Member; and Labor & Employment Law Division, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Autism Community Network Board of Directors, Vice-President
- San Antonio Figure Skating Club Board of Directors, Vice-President & Secretary