Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Michael Bhargava’s practice focuses on complex commercial and appellate litigation, including False Claims Act litigation, defamation and First Amendment matters, false advertising litigation, FCPA investigations and litigation, regulatory agency enforcement matters and intellectual property.
JD, Order of the Coif, University of California, Berkeley, 2006
Ph.D, Duke University, 2000
MA, Duke University, 1996
AB, Stanford University, 1992
- California State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Defending False Claims Act suits and investigations involving government contractors in the defense and health care industries, as well as counseling clients regarding potential False Claims Act liability.
- Representing clients regarding defamation matters arising from the publication of false and misleading statements that unfairly harm the reputations of individuals, businesses and products.
- Representing government contractors in resolving claims before various government agencies, including the Government Accountability Office.
- Representing company in FCPA investigation relating to overseas investment.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in successful antitrust litigation.
- Represented companies before the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Represented prominent creditor in City of Detroit bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented major computer company in trade secret, copyright, and patent litigation against a competitor.
- Represented fitness company in false advertising litigation against competitor.
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2013 - 2014
- International Bar Association