Sumantha Rani SedorvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sumantha (Sumi) Sedor has experience in a broad range of matters, including assisting life sciences companies with licensing transactions, distribution and supply arrangements, product acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate partnering, along with experience in corporate restructuring, venture capital, private investments in public companies (PIPE) transactions, corporate compliance and disclosure, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Sumi also assists family offices and high net worth individuals in connection with their closely held organizations in similar corporate undertakings.
JD, John Jay Legal Scholar and Merit Scholar, Member: Grand Moot Court Team, Pace University School of Law, 2005
BS, Boston College, Carroll School of Management, 2000
- New York State Bar
- Currently advising and representing both domestic and international pharmaceutical companies in connection with various licensing agreements, distribution and supply arrangements, joint ventures, product acquisitions, authorized generic agreements, corporate restructuring, corporate governance and other various corporate matters.
- Acted as de facto General Counsel for a pharmaceutical company specializing in the generic industry handling essentially all corporate related legal matters, including negotiating and finalizing confidentiality agreements, master services agreements, CRO agreements, clinical trial agreements, laboratory and clinical supply agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, consultant agreements, construction agreements and other similar agreements.
- Represented Purdue Pharma L.P. on an alliance for a joint product launch with Shionogi & Co., Ltd's US subsidiary to launch and commercialize Symproic® (naldemedine).
- Represented Purdue Pharma L.P. on a research and licensing agreement with Exicure, Inc. with the purpose of discovering and developing a cure for psoriasis and other diseases.
- Represented and assisted a US pharmaceutical company and its international associated company in expanding its pipeline by the development and execution of a novel US$500 million collaboration agreement/equity investment/line of credit transaction structure with Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Represented and assisted a US pharmaceutical company and its international associated company in expanding its pipeline by the development and execution of a US$95 million collaboration agreement/equity investment transaction structure with Novelos Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented the largest shareholder of a publicly owned technology company in multiple PIPE financings.
- Represented a US pharmaceutical company in the dissolution of a joint venture and corresponding new licensing and distribution arrangement with Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in the asset acquisition of a currently marketed branded product with Abbott Laboratories.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in connection with authorized generic agreements of a currently branded product with Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- "'Til Deadlock Do Us Part," Corporate Practice NewsWire, May 2012
- "'Til Deadlock Do Us Part," Client Alert, June 1, 2011
- "Antidotes for an Ailing Biotechnology Sector," Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, September 1, 2009
- "SEC Adopts Long-Awaited Final Rules to Ease the Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, April 10, 2007
- "SEC Reproposes Rules to Ease the Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, January 9, 2007
- "SEC's Proposed Rules to Ease Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, January 31, 2006
- "Treasury and IRS Issue 'Second Round' of 409A Guidance: What You Need to Know and Do Before Year End," Client Alert, October 27, 2005
- "New Guidance Clarifies 409A’s Application to Separation Pay Arrangements," Client Alert, October 27, 2005
- "Treasury and IRS Issue Long-Awaited 'Second Round' of 409A Guidance," Client Alert, September 29, 2005
- Member, Diversity Initiatives Committee
- Member, Recruiting Committee
- Member, Professional Staff Committee