Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Sue Wang’s practice focuses on representing project developers and lenders in project finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on solar and wind energy projects. Her renewable energy work includes both utility-scale and distributed generation projects.
In addition to project finance and project development, Ms. Wang has extensive experience in acquisition finance and M&A transactions. She has also represented closely held companies across a broad spectrum of corporate legal needs, including venture finance and exit planning.
JD, magna cum laude, Michigan Law Review and Clarence Darrow Scholar, University of Michigan Law School, 2005
BA, magna cum laude, Rice University, 2002
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- Represented Sempra Renewables in the acquisition of four utility-scale solar projects in California from Recurrent. Following completion of the acquisition, represented Sempra in the successful tax equity financing of all four projects.
- Represented Dutch pension fund manager PGGM in the acquisition of a 50% interest in a 920 MW portfolio of U.S. wind and solar projects developed by Électricité de France, of which 588 MW were operational and 334 MW were in development.
- Represented Clearway Energy Group (formerly NRG Renew) in the development and financing of many solar and wind projects. The financings have included utility-scale wind, portfolios of commercial solar projects, rooftop solar, and community solar projects.
- Represented the lenders to SunEdison, Inc. before, during, and after it declared bankruptcy. Ms. Wang managed a US$150M construction revolving loan that successfully built over 100 MW in commercial and industrial solar projects, and all outstanding loans were fully repaid after the SunEdison bankruptcy.
- Represented PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. as tax equity investor in three utility-scale solar projects in California.
- Represented PGGM as an equity investor in a US$300M portfolio of SolarCity residential solar projects.
- Represented Apollo Towers Myanmar Ltd., a developer of communication infrastructure, in a US$250M Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) financing that was the first of its kind in Myanmar.
- 22 Legal Mistakes You Don’t Have to Make: A Guide for Start-ups, Small Businesses, & Tech Entrepreneurs, Papervine Press, 2012.
- Mandarin Chinese