Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Charles O’Neill has extensive commercial, insurance coverage and product liability litigation experience in many federal and state courts. He now devotes his efforts to the firm’s pro bono initiatives.
JD, Editorial Board, Fordham Law Review; Member, National Moot Court Team, Fordham University School of Law, 1972
BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1969
- New York State Bar
- Represented a major US corporation in a claim as plaintiff for breach of indemnity provisions regarding environmental liabilities in an agreement of sale of a subsidiary.
- Represented a major US insurance broker in a series of cases involving restrictive covenants.
- Represented a satellite company in the defense of a tortious interference with contract claim.
- Represented a major US insurer as its national trial counsel responsible for that client’s coordinated defense in all coverage actions in the US involving environmental and breast implant claims.
- Represented air carriers in major personal injury and property damage actions.
- Acted as national trial counsel for a major US corporation in its defense of product liability actions nationwide involving telecommunications equipment.
- Super Lawyers - business litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2006 – 2012
- Panelist, "Annual State of the Legal Industry," The 2011 Legal Executive Briefing, Pebble Beach, CA, May 11, 2011
- Panelist, "Pricing and Profitability Models," The Fifth Annual Forum: New York Legal Market 2011, New York, NY, April 7, 2011
- Panelist, "Leadership: Passing the Torch - Wisdom from Retiring and New Managing Partners/Chairmen," The Fifth Annual Forum: New York Legal Market 2011, New York, NY, April 7, 2011
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association Installment Ceremony, New York, NY, September 9, 2010
- Chief Marketing Officers’ Forum, New York, NY, September 16 – 17, 2008
- Green Business Summit, New York, NY, June 18, 2008
- The Law Firm Leadership Institute, 2005
- Law Firm Lateral Partner Recruitment and Retention Summit, 2005
- Law Firm Executive Director and CFO Forum, 2004
- Law Firm Lateral Partner Recruitment and Retention Summit, 2004
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Director, New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Director, Fordham Law Alumni Association
- Director, CAMBA Legal Services, a not-for-profit organization providing legal services in the areas of housing, government benefits and immigration to indigent individuals and under-served groups in the Brooklyn community