Jared D. Kaplan
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jared joined the Dallas office in 2017 and is a senior associate in the corporate, M&A, and securities practice group. He represents buyers and sellers in public and private, domestic and cross-border, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, and also serves as underwriter's counsel with respect to the underwriting of representations and warranties insurance policies. Jared also represents issuers and underwriters in a wide range of public and private securities offerings, including the preparation of registration statements and offering documents and negotiation of ancillary documents. He drafts, updates and prepares registrants' quarterly and annual reports for the SEC, and assists clients with other ongoing compliance obligations.
LL.M, Dean Scholar, New York University School of Law, 2013
LL.M, Corporate and Financial Services Law, National University of Singapore Faculty of Law, 2013
JD, cum laude, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, 2012
BS, Dean's List, Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 2009
At the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law, Jared was the Assistant Editor of the Asian Journal of International Law.
At the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, he was active in the international moot court board, the Jessup Moot Court Team and the Public Health Law Clinic. He was also the Associate Editor for the Mid-Atlantic Journal on Law and Public Policy.
At Cornell University, Jared was the Managing Editor of the Cornell Pre-Law Journal, and belonged to the Phi Sigma Pi Honors Fraternity and the Delta Phi Fraternity.
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Represented underwriters in connection with Fortune 500 financial institution's SEC-registered offering of Fixed and Floating Rate Senior Medium-Term Notes
- Represented underwriters in connection with Fortune 100 financial institution's offering of Australian-denominated Fixed and Floating Rate Senior Medium-Term Notes
- Represented underwriters in connection with Fortune 500 financial institution's SEC-registered offering of Fixed Rate Subordinated Notes
- Represented underwriters in connection with Fortune 100 financial institution's SEC-registered offering of $1,000,000,000 of 1,000,000 Depositary Shares, each representing a 1/25th interest in a share of Fixed-to-Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock
- Represented underwriters in connection with Fortune 500 financial institution's SEC-registered offering of Fixed Rate Covered Bonds
- Represented large U.S. financial institutions in connection with its SEC-registered offering of Fixed and Floating Rate Senior Notes
- Represented Canadian financial institution in connection with its Section 3(a)(2) offering of Senior Fixed and Floating Rate Medium-Term Notes;
- Represented one of Iceland's largest financial institutions in connection with its Section 3(a)(10) exchange offer of Euro-denominated Convertible Bonds;
- Represented large U.S. chemical company in connection with the filing of its Registration Statement on Form S-4 related to the exchange offer of its Fixed and Floating Rate Senior Notes
- "Assessing Continental's Resiliency Under New Loss Absorption Rules," International Financial Law Review, January 2016
- "The Financial Choice Act: Implications for the U.S. Securities Legal Framework," Wall Street Lawyer, Vol. 20, Iss. 10, October 2016
- "Practice Pointers on Navigating the Securities Act's Prohibition on General Solicitation and General Advertising," Investment Lawyer, Vol. 23, No. 9, September 2016
- "Don't Drain the River: How U.S. Banks Resolution Reform Will Dry Liquidity," International Financial Law Review, June/July 2016
- "Another Brick in the Wall: the Fed Reproposes Single-Counterparty Credit Limits for Large Banking Organizations," Banking Law Journal, June 2016
- New York City Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association