A. T. Blackshear
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
A. T. BlackshearvCard
Related services and key industries
Gus Blackshear generally practiced in the areas of general business (both domestic and international), tax and healthcare. He joined the Houston office in 1969 and moved to the London office when it opened four years later.
Mr. Blackshear served as Partner-in-Charge of the Dallas office from 1989 to 1991, following which he was elected by his partners as Managing Partner/Chairman of the Executive Committee. Mr. Blackshear served as Managing Partner/Chairman of the Executive Committee of Fulbright & Jaworski LLP for 11 years, from 1992 through 2002.
JD, cum laude, Baylor University, 1968
BBA, cum laude, Baylor University, 1964
Mr. Blackshear was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review.
A certified public accountant, Mr. Blackshear was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1968.
- Texas State Bar
- Who's Who in America, Marquis
- Who's Who in American Law, Marquis
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 1983 - 2010
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2003 - 2005
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Taxation Section, Former Chair
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Mr. Blackshear serves or served on a number of boards in a variety of capacities including the following:
- Baylor College of Medicine, Vice President and General Counsel
- Boy Scouts of America - Sam Houston Area Council, Vice Chairman
- Faith in Practice
- Goodwill Industries of Houston
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Memorial Hermann Health System, Chairman
- Spiritual Leadership Institute, Chairman
- Texas Healthcare Trustees
- Texas Medical Center, Inc.
- Voluntary Hospitals of America
Mr. Blackshear is an ordained Deacon in the Baptist church and served as Deacon Chairman at Memorial Drive Baptist Church. He is an Eagle Scout and was given the Silver Beaver Award for distinguished service to scouting.