Philip J. Pfeiffer
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Philip J. PfeiffervCard
Related services and key industries
Phil Pfeiffer is Of Counsel in the San Antonio office where he was partner-in-charge for 25 years and led the office's employment and labor practice.
Throughout his 46 year career, Phil has represented employers in traditional management-union matters. This work has included advice to management concerning union organizing efforts and representation in election cases and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board. In addition, Phil's practice includes particular emphasis on complex civil rights and employment discrimination cases. He also represents management in affirmative action compliance, employment torts, including wrongful discharge and defamation, and alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration programs. He represents and advises management concerning employment contracts, including restrictive covenants, and defends companies in ERISA litigation.
Phil has frequently served as a mediator in employment and civil rights cases, including class actions.
JD, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1972
BS, Sam Houston State University, 1969
Phil has been admitted to practice law in Texas since 1972 and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and various federal and state courts.
- Texas State Bar
- Lawyer of the Year, San Antonio employment law - management, Best Lawyers, 2014
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
- Lawyer of the Year - San Antonio: Labor & Employment, Best Lawyers, 2010
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Chambers USA, Texas: Labor & Employment, Chambers & Partners, 2004 - 2019
- Texas Super Lawyer, Employment and Labor, Thomson Reuters, 2003 - 2012, 2015 - 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 1987 - 2020
- Editor-in-Chief, Second Supplement to Lindemann and Grossman, Employment Discrimination Law
- American Bar Association
- Equal Employment Opportunity Committee
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Foundation