Louis R. Strubeck
Co-head Financial Restructuring and Insolvency, United States
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Louis R. StrubeckvCard
Related services and key industries
Lou Strubeck is the Co-head of Financial Restructuring and Insolvency, United States. He maintains offices in New York and Dallas.
Lou has a diverse and sophisticated national practice with an emphasis on representing major parties, including banks, insurance companies, hedge funds and other large institutional lenders, noteholders and bondholders, in complex commercial restructurings and reorganizations throughout the country.
Recent significant matters in which he has been involved and represented major parties include CHC Helicopters, Adeptus Health, Samson Energy, Sabine Oil and Gas, Quicksilver, Overseas Shipholding Group, EF Holdings, Enron, World Com, Mirant Corporation, Calpine, Dynegy, Pilgrim's Pride, General Motors, Chrysler, North American Petroleum, Vitro, SuperMedia and ASARCO.
JD, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 1983
BA, College of Charleston, 1980
Lou is admitted to practice law in New York and Texas. He appears before bankruptcy and federal courts in bankruptcy cases throughout the country.
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2019 Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Bankruptcy, Best Lawyers, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Dallas: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Best Lawyers, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2017-2019
- Texas Super Lawyer, Bankruptcy: Business, Thomson Reuters, 2003-2018
- Legal 500 USA, recommended lawyer, International litigation; Restructuring (including bankruptcy) - corporate, The Legal 500, 2016-2018
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers & Partners
- Chambers USA, Texas: Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers & Partners
- Chambers Global, USA: Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers & Partners
- AV Preeminent, Texas Top-Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell
- Who's Who Legal, Restructuring & Insolvency, Law Business Research Ltd., 2018
- Co-author, "Introduction to Health Care Bankruptcies. What Makes Health Care Bankruptcies Different and Why to Expect More in 2018," Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference, February 22, 2018
- Co-author, "Corporate Fiduciary Duties in Times of Financial Distress," 33rd Annual AIRA Bankruptcy and Restructuring Conference, June 3, 2017
- Co-author, "In the Oil Patch, 363 Sales Ain't What They Used to Be," American College of Bankruptcy Annual 5th Circuit Conference, April 2, 2016
- Co-author, "Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation: rejection of gas gathering agreements in a restructuring," Webinar, March, 2016
- Co-author, "Oil and Gas E&P Restructuring and Bankruptcies," Webinar, December 9, 2015
- Co-author, "Analyzing Potential Bankruptcies in the Upstream Sector," Texas Lawyer, March 9, 2015
- Co-author, "Lenders take note of recent Fifth Circuit bankruptcy decision," Norton Rose Fulbright - Legal update, October 30, 2014
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Affirms Seventh Circuit's Credit Bidding Ruling in RadLAX Gateway Hotel LLC, et al. v. Amalgamated Bank," Fulbright Briefing, June 5, 2012
- Co-author, "Seventh Circuit Protects Creditor's Choice To Gamble on Real Estate Over U.S. Treasuries," Fulbright Briefing, February 8, 2012
Lou has served as an individual and panel presenter in numerous seminars on a variety of bankruptcy related topics, on a local, regional and national level. In August, 2016, Lou participated in a New York Stock Exchange Governance Services webcast to share his knowledge about trends related to distressed companies. Click here to watch the video.
- Co-author and presenter, Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference, JW Marriott New Orleans, February 22, 2018, "Introduction to Health Care Bankruptcies: What Makes Health Care Bankruptcies Different and Why to Expect More in 2018".
- Presenter, NYSE Governance Services webcast, The Market and Trends Related to Distressed Companies.
- Co-author and Presenter, "Current State of the Oil & Gas Industry: Recovery or Drilling Down", AIRA 32nd Annual Bankruptcy and Restructuring Conference, June 10, 2016 (San Diego).
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Fellow, International Insolvency Institute
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Contested Issues in Valuation ("VALCON") Advisory Board
- Dallas Bar Association - Fee Dispute and Judiciary Subcommittee
- American Bar Association
- State Bars of New York and Texas