Businesses caught up in potential anti-competitive conduct must make difficult decisions quickly. Senior management needs to be provided with clear advice that takes into account the risk of both broader enforcement action by multiple authorities and the risk of follow-on damage claims in any number of jurisdictions. These decisions, including whether to self-report violations to secure immunity from prosecution or to stand fast and defend a case, must be made with confidence.
"Advises on a range of matters including compliance, M&A, enforcement proceedings and investigations." Chambers USA, 2022
Our lawyers have advised many businesses facing cartels and antitrust investigations around the world, assisting them in making these critical strategic decisions and throughout long investigations and court cases. We understand not only the approach that local authorities take to cases but also the manner in which they coordinate investigations into multijurisdictional conduct, and how this affects businesses under investigation. Our clients receive the benefit of our acknowledged experience in antitrust and competition, business ethics, litigation and disputes and employment law to guide them through the maze of international anti-cartel legislation.
With offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, our global cartel investigations team has considerable experience from a truly global perspective and can advise on investigations throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa.
Our areas of work include
- Cartel investigations and dawn raids
- Compliance procedures and training
- Employment and labor law
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations, including criminal investigations and leniency regimes
- Chambers USA, Texas: Antitrust, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 US, Antitrust: Civil Litigation/Class Actions: Defense, The Legal 500, 2022
- Global Competition Review, GCR 100: Global Elite, among the top 10 global law firms for antitrust and competition matters worldwide, Law Business Research Ltd, 2022