Vital to the success of the economy and our clients who rely upon maritime transportation, ports and terminals have diverse operating structures and objectives. Our experience advising port and terminal operators and their stakeholders and our deep understanding of the maritime and transportation industries position us to provide comprehensive and unrivalled advice on the full spectrum of legal, commercial and operational issues that will arise in any matter involving ports or terminals.
"Provides shipping finance counsel to a client base composed of foreign and domestic financial institutions, shipowners and energy companies." Chambers USA, 2020
We deliver state-of-the-art industry knowledge and practical legal advice on the complex range of issues encountered by ports and terminals and their unique challenges. Our team is anchored by recognized leaders in the fields of transportation, including rail and shipping, infrastructure, finance, environmental, real estate and employment and labor law.
Our lawyers understand the key legal, commercial and regulatory considerations that may arise when acquiring, expanding, disposing or investing in port assets, and the alternative legal structures available to investors. We handle all aspects of contracts and disputes that ports and terminals may encounter, including those relating to shipping, construction, rail, labor, environmental, leasing and regulatory matters. We have advised on port and terminal privatizations and the regulation around privatization. Our lawyers have also advised on private equity investment into ports, joint venture agreements and have acted for port owners and operators raising capital via debt and equity capital markets.
Our areas of work include
- Port infrastructure projects, including PPP
- Port and terminal concession and leasing agreements
- Port and terminal expansion projects
- Port regulations and licensing
- Litigation and disputes
- Port and terminal services agreements and facility-sharing arrangements
- Projects and project finance
- Terminal conditions of use
- Long-term marine service supply agreements to terminals and ports
- Environmental compliance and remediation issues
- Maritime employment and labor matters
- Customs, duties and taxes
Awards and accolades
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Transportation: Shipping/Maritime: Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Legal 500 US, Transport: Shipping: Finance, The Legal 500, 2020