Our global structured trade and commodity finance lawyers cover the full range of commodities work for clients including financial institutions, alternative financiers, commodity producers, traders, corporations, export credit agencies and other multilateral institutions. We have significant experience advising on structured transactions and devising legal and practical solutions across a variety of products both in established and emerging markets.
Our lawyers have an extensive track record in the financing of the production, export, transport, warehousing and sale and purchase of commodities including oil and oil products, bio fuels, chemicals, precious and base metals, soft commodities such as coffee, sugar, cocoa, grains, paper, cotton and textiles and related assets such as carbon credits. Our in-depth legal knowledge of innovative structured trade and commodity finance transactions enables us to provide clients with the necessary insight to tailor financings to their particular requirements.
In addition to our transactional practice, our highly regarded commodities regulation team advises on legislative and regulatory matters pertaining to commodities, derivative markets, market infrastructure, sales and trading for clients including agribusinesses, commodity trading companies, exchange groups, proprietary trading companies, major industrials, oil and gas producers and utilities.
Our areas of work include
- Barter and counter-trade
- Borrowing base financings
- Export finance
- Letter of credit and guarantee issuance facilities
- Post-import financing
- Pre-export financing
- Pre-payment financing
- Pre-production financing
- Receivables purchase and factoring transactions, including supply chain finance
- Reserve-based lending
- Secondary trading of financings, including funding and risk participations
- Stock and inventory financing, including ownership structures
- Synthetic securitizations
- Syndicated and bilateral loan facilities
- Tolling and processing
- True sale analysis
Awards and accolades
- Legal 500 US, Finance: Structured Finance: Securitization, The Legal 500, 2020