Related services and key industries
Lynn Yang is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai. Lynn focuses her practice on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investment, reorganization of investment portfolios in China in a wide range of sectors. She has extensive knowledge dealing with transactional and regulatory aspects of PRC-related financial services matters including insurance and fund management. Lynn's areas of practice also include capitals inflow and outflow under QFII, RQFII and QDII regime.
Lynn is mentioned in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018, for Corporate and M&A: foreign firms, and Regulatory/Compliance: foreign firms respectively, and quoted as a leading individual in mergers and acquisitions in China in IFLR 1000 2018. Lynn has been recognised as a Stand-Out Talent by Acritas in its 2019 Stars Survey.
She graduated from Peking University School of Law in 1995 and New York University School of Law in 2000 and was admitted to the New York Bar in March 2001. Lynn has worked for leading international law firms since 2000. She also had experience working as an in-house lawyer of a US Fortune 100 Company in Beijing from 1995 to 1999.
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Bayer AG and its affiliates on China aspects of the US$ 1 billion asset transfers for the divestiture of Bayer's Diabetes Care Business to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings;
- An UK private equity investor on the share restructuring and the proposed IPO at a Chinese stock exchange of a pharmaceutical company registered in the North China;
- A UK's leading media group on China aspect of disposal of certain data services business. The transaction in China involves share sales of several joint ventures and de-registration of a representative office in China;
- A leading European insurance group on its life joint venture, establishment of insurance asset management company and regulatory advise on its P&C joint venture in China;
- A leading insurance groups on its proposed acquisition of a life insurance joint venture in China;
- China Reinsurance Group on various cross-border reinsurance and regulatory matters and its proposed corporate strategy for its international operation;
- Several Chinese sovereign wealth funds and Chinese financial institutions on their overseas investments;
- A leading global asset management group on its proposed establishment of a private fund management company and the application for RQFII license.
Publication | July 23, 2019
Publication | May 10, 2019
Supreme People’s Court in China Issues the Fifth Judicial Interpretation to the PRC Company Law to Protect Minority Shareholders’ Interests
Publication | May 03, 2019
Publication | March 20, 2019