Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Alexandra Jeffreys is a banking lawyer based in London.
Alexandra advises governments, commercial lenders, development finance institutions, export credit agencies, multilateral financing institutions and sponsors on energy and infrastructure projects. Her practice focuses on emerging markets.
She has previously been seconded to Abu Dhabi and the UK's export credit agency, UK Export Finance.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- A syndicate of lenders - on restructuring multiple local and ECA-backed facilities for an aluminium plant in Turkey
- The lenders, including JBIC - on Fujairah F3 IPP in the UAE
- DFIs and a local bank - on three wind farm projects in Lebanon
- The LC issuing bank - on the US$50m fuel LC for Bridge Power IPP, Ghana
- IFC - on multiple debt and equity transactions in jurisdictions including Egypt, Macedonia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland and Yemen. Most recently on financing 550MW of solar power projects in Egypt under the second round of the country's 2,000MW feed-in tariff programme
- Marubeni Corporation - on exiting Westermost Rough Offshore Wind Farm, located in the North Sea
- Ministry of Finance of Angola - as borrower in relation to the financing of public interest projects by international banks, backed by various OECD and non-OECD ECAs; on the financing of the ECA-backed 2,069MW Lauca dam hydroelectric project and the ECA-backed 2,100MW Caculo-Cabaça dam hydroelectric project, both in Angola; and on the largest oil receivables-backed financing to date.
- Marubeni Corporation and JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. - in respect of the 1,177 MW net power generation capacity solar PV plant, together with associated infrastructure and facilities located near Sweihan in Abu Dhabi
- China Resources Power - on the refinancing of Dudgeon Wind Farm
- A syndicate of lenders - on financing the 190MW dual fired (LNG and ADO) combined cycle power plant project in Old Harbour Bay, Jamaica, with Marubeni Corporation and Korea East-West Power Co., Ltd. as sponsors
- A syndicate of lenders - on the state guaranteed financing to the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic for a 1,200MTPD ammonia plant and a 2,000MTPD urea plant and related facilities in Sumgayit, Azerbaijan
- An ECA - in respect of its first equity investment
- A syndicate of lenders - on a corporate financing for Angola LNG Limited in connection with the repair works to be realised in order to restart its LNG plant in Angola
- A syndicate of lenders - in respect of a US$1.5bn five-year corporate revolving facility for Sasol
- An African state-owned oil and gas enterprise - on multiple petroleum receivables-based financings
- Brookfield Renewable Power as borrower - in respect of syndicated loans for the acquisition of two wind farm portfolios in Ireland from Bord Gais Eireann and for the project financing of a wind farm portfolio in Northern Ireland
- Citadel Capital (now Qalaa Holdings) and Egyptian Refining Company (Takrir) S.A.E., - on the US$3.7bn financing for the redevelopment of a refinery in Egypt
- The Dow Chemical Company - on the financing of its US$20bn joint venture with Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia, Sadara Chemical, including the issuance of the largest project bond (“sukuk”) closed to date