Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Construction and engineering
- Climate change and sustainability
Key industry sectors
Charlie Winch is projects, construction and regulatory lawyer based in London.
Charlie provides advice on a variety of UK and international projects, with a particular focus on renewables, the energy transition and the move to a low carbon economy. He also advises on the regulation of electricity markets in the UK, and on carbon finance and carbon credit offtake transactions, particularly those in the voluntary carbon markets and involving nature based solutions.
Charlie has previously worked in our Singapore office and on secondment to the energy trading division of a major international energy company.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- BA International Relations, University of Birmingham
- MSc Political Economy of Energy, King's College London
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- A consortium of lenders – on the financing of the 588 MW Beatrice offshore wind farm in Scotland.
- A major IOC – on their acquisition of the SourceLondon electric vehicle car charging scheme, the largest such scheme in London.
- The UK's first listed specialist energy storage fund – on its acquisition of an 81 MW battery storage portfolio.
- A consortium of 29 lenders – on the £5.5bn financing of the Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farm.
- A specialist clean energy asset manager – on its acquisition of a consented development to build the UK's largest solar and battery storage project.
- The lender group - on the due diligence and project document negotiation for the financing of a 500MW subsea electricity interconnector.
- A large UK utilities company - on the build-out and eventual sale of its entire renewable energy portfolio consisting of solar, wind and hydro assets
How innovative PPA contract structures benefit solar asset owners and offtakers
Publication | May 19, 2023
UK Biomass Policy Statement
Publication | January 13, 2022
The Implications of COP26 for Legal Practitioners
Publication | December 14, 2021