Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jesse Beatson is a research lawyer based in our Toronto office. He provides legal opinions in a wide range of areas and drafts facta and research memos supporting major litigation and transactions handled by us.
Prior to joining us, Jesse was legal counsel at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and a judicial law clerk at the Federal Court. Jesse was also a consultant lawyer at Ontario's Long-Term Care COVID-19 Commission and the Law Commission of Ontario.
Jesse has a keen interest in the intersection of technology and law. He is a general editor and co-author of "Litigating Artificial Intelligence" (Emond Publishing, 2021). Jesse has published articles in Canadian law journals. His paper on AI and administrative law received the JSD Tory Writing Award and the Council of Canadian Administrative Tribunals student essay award.
- Ontario 2020
- "Litigating Artificial Intelligence," Emond Publishing, Toronto, Ontario, May 2021.
- Legal Issues and Government AI Development - Workshop Report, Law Commission of Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, March 2021.
- "AI-Supported Adjudicators: Should Artificial Intelligence Have a Role in Tribunal Adjudication?" Canadian Journal of Administrative Law and Practice, Ottawa, Ontario, 2018.
- "The Intersection of Exploitation and Coercion in Cases of Canadian Labour Trafficking," Journal of Law and Social Policy, Toronto, Ontario, 2017.
- "The Stories We Tell About Refugee Claimants: Contested Frames of the Health-Care Access Question in Canada," Refuge, Toronto, Ontario, 2016.
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Law Libraries, Law Librarians on the Leading Edge: Current Topics Impacting Academic Law Libraries, Canadian Association of Law Libraries, Osgoode Hall Law School of York University, November 2018.
- Towards a Manifesto: Technology, Pedagogy, Ethics, Educating the Whole Lawyer, Canadian Association of Law Teachers and Association for Canadian Clinical Legal Education, University of Victoria Faculty of Law, June 2017.
- The Intersection of Exploitation and Coercion in Canadian Labour Trafficking, Annual Conference, Society of Legal Scholars, Oxford University, September 2016.
- Adult Refugee Claimants' Experiences Accessing Health Care in Montreal, North American Refugee Health Conference, University of Toronto, June 2015.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- The Advocates' Society
Blog | July 14, 2022
Blog | June 28, 2022
Publication | June 23, 2022